Menu
biff2005
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Area 14 fault ref F004329338

Area 14 fault ref F004329338

this is the date you give me 14th December for it to be solved Smiley Sad

i know its only just gone december but surely you should know if there is any result on this ????

slow speeds at afternoon and terrible slow speed at night...
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Area 14 fault ref F004329338

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi there biff2005,

Thanks for posting back on the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies that you are still experiencing slow broadband speeds due to the high peak time traffic fault in your area.

The work that the engineers complete to improve bandwidth can involve implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc which require planning permission. We check the cable nearer the review date for any improvement and if there is the fault will be closed down or if there is still an issue they will continue with additional work.

The review date is showing as 1st February 2017 which can be subject to change.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch nearer the review date with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tac111
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'm amazed to find so many complaints about Area 14. I'm fascinated that Virgin are so aware of the problem. 

I'm totally bamboozled that Virgin have sold me broadband onto a dud network.  How can they be allowed to keep mis-selling with these claims of 100Mbs which in reality can drop to 0.5 at peak times.Virgin 100Mbs broadband was installed on Wednesday 4th Jan. Great speeds until 4pm then they fell off a cliff - normalising about 1am. Customer services were informative but unable to do anything. Giving me a goodwill payment of £10 - which leaves me paying the other £20 a month for the worst broadband service I've seen since 1998. They are saying they are awaiting work from BT - scheduled for the end of January. But reading these forums - this has been dragging on since the summer (I was told today it was identified in December - mmmm). Nothing short of a disgrace. I am taking this to Ofcom and anybody who cares to listen to this latest mis-selling scandal. Virgin know this is not working - chasing revenue while compounding the problem is nothing short of a disgrace.

0 Kudos
biff2005
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The review date is showing as 1st February 2017 which can be subject to change.

yes the review date will change again.....  still dont sort out my broadband speed issue.....

last night was less than 2mb could not even watch catchup on nowtv box without it freezing and going off....

0 Kudos
TazDevil
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I've just got off the phone with them due to my 200Mb service only getting around 10Mb most days. I was given the reference F004329338 and the review date of 26/04/207.

Not been to have a look and see what credit I have been given as I have only just got off the phone. So looks like another drawn out wait. Back to watching my DVD collection as I can only just watch youtube with my current download speeds.

0 Kudos
maxmarutti
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi TazDevil keep router logs , speedtests , etc. like me and other VM customers  >>>> vivid150 issues

Regards 

max

@thinkbroadband
0 Kudos
biff2005
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

yes i got a new review date too Smiley Sad

The current fault F004329338 has a review date of 08/03/17

this will never be fixed i can guarentee that....

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Samantha_L wrote:

Hi there biff2005,

The work that the engineers complete to improve bandwidth can involve implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc which require planning permission. We check the cable nearer the review date for any improvement and if there is the fault will be closed down or if there is still an issue they will continue with additional work.

Correct, but you must ask for it first, no use looking at it for 3 years, if you need money for ink and paper pm me, I have £2 spare that will more than cover it.

Regards

biff2005
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The current fault F004329338 has a review date of 08/03/17

just rang VM and use to get £7.50 off my bill now its been reduced to £6.00  ??? why is this ???

bet my speed dont get fixed though ????

0 Kudos