Menu
deividuska
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Area 14 extremely slow speeds

Hi is anyone can confirm what area 14 have internet issues speed is slow 20mb.Tried to contact support just impossible!!   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 14 extremely slow speeds

Hello deividuska

I am sorry you are having slow speed problems, we do have a problem in your area with high peak time traffic. Our planning team are aware ref F004366048 and we would like to carry our some upgrade work. The review date is currently showing 21 DEC 2016. Please accept our apologies and if you would be so kind as to wait a few days one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Kevin5565
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm in this area too post code DN5 and was told it would be fixed by mid November but it seems not.

I was also told to ring each month to have my bill reduced but surely this should be done automatically until it's fixed, the person on the phone had no worries about signing me up to the 200 gamer package, i'd expect decent people not to try and sell a service they can't provide.

I'm wondering if the December date is lies just to stop people leaving but i'll give it another month then maybe consider other options as you are failing to provide a service you are contracted to.

I hate having to complain but i pay quite a lot as i also have the Full House XL tv package too. 

Until recently I have had a good service and always recommended Virgin Media to anyone who asks and been a customer from Blueyonder so would hate to have to leave.

Kev 

0 Kudos
Kevin5565
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Is there any update on this problem? I've been having slower than normal internet for months now and was first told it would be fixed by mid November. I was told that too many people have took the high speed service and the network or equipment needed upgrading.

I should be getting 200 down and 20 up but i'd need to be online after midnight to get near this. 

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5903406160.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kevin5565

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry that you are affected by high area traffic and it is taking a while to resolve. It is a different cable/segment than deividuska by the way. The reference is F004742956 and the review date is currently showing 01 MAR 2017. If you would be so kind as to wait a few days one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
adam2406
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I too am in the DN5 area and am getting a really low speed from about 3PM till about midnight. I only signed up before Xmas and was expecting more tbh.

I'm paying for 50Mbps but when I need it most (in the evening) i'm getting around 10Mbps. I was better off with my previous provider Smiley Sad

Is there any thing that can be done?

0 Kudos