Menu
nezash2478
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 14 Fault code F004180132

I've been having issues with broadband speeds for sometime during peaktimes and did some investigation.  I've ran speedtest.net tests everyday at 9:00pm last week and did not get anywhere near the peak speeds listed in the peak times on your table below.

Our Typical Broadband speeds for January 2017
Product Advertised Download Speed Average download speed at peak times (8pm-10pm)
Super Fibre 50Up to 50Mbps45.94Mbps
Vivid 100Up to 100Mbps87.23Mbps
Vivid 200Up to 200Mbps157.58Mbps
Vivid 200 GamerUp to 200Mbps184.2Mbps

I typically get between 60 to 80mbps download and about 4mbps upload.

I'm on the vivid 150 which is not listed here but by finding the average between vivid100 and 200 you can see that I'm falling well short.  I also ran the speedtest on sunday afternoon and got 24mbps down and 1.2mbps up.

This is not the service I paid for and looking at the forums its clear neither are many other people in the DN14 area.  I've also seen that the date for the fault code fix is being put forward all the time which is clear that a resolution is not forthcoming.

So my question is what do you plan to do about this?

0 Kudos
nezash2478
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 14 Fault code F004180132

#

Another test and as you can see its well below vivid 100's average speeds in peak times.

Please can someone from Virgin respond asap.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi nezash, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have run some checks from this side and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or timeouts inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges. Your area cable also tested great!

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connecting wired or wireless?

When do you notice these slow speed issues, all times of day or just specific ones?

Could you run a speed test with the Hub in modem mode connected directly via ethernet cable to the computer running in safe mode with networking and then post the results here for us to see.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Averages are just that. Average. Some will be higher some will be lower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos