Menu
Junglegirl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 14 - F003525549 - Continuing slow speed -

Hi,

I know the utilisation in this area is ongoing and not due to be "repaired/fixed/looked at and put back again" until 31 August 2016. (Tomorrow - I do fully expect top speeds after 18 months of waiting - should I hold my breath?)

However, could I ask you to investigate further the actual reason for this problem taking so long to sort out. I  have been fobbed off with "needing everyone's co-operation" but recently I have been told, by someone in the business, that the exchange in the area (where I live) is flagged as Red/Critical. This in turn means that, perhaps, (a) Virgin are not allowed to put any further kit in because they are the dominant supplier and/or (b) Ofcom or BT are restricting their access.

If this is the actual reason(s) behind the fault then it is never going to fixed, ever! Can you please ask the relevant department what the reason is and let me know. Please don't just tell me everyone has to co-operate and these things take time - they have had more than enough time to sort this out. I did ring the local authority to see if there is any restriction on cable laying or if anything is in the pipeline to be "dug up" in my area - I was told "No" there is nothing and nothing awaiting approval either. So it can't be anything to do with the local authority.

I look forward, with interest, what you may be able to find out!  (Kev_B and Rich4 have previously been involved with this issue)

many thanks

A very fed up Virgin user

0 Kudos
biff2005
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 14 - F003525549 - Continuing slow speed -

Area 14

this is a quote from my post

Barnsley Area 14 fault ref F004329338

on ‎08-07-2016 00:39

is there any news on this fault ref F004329338

The review date given which is for 31/08/2016 is coming up soon and would like to know if anything has been done ???

well today is the 31st and it has not been sorted....
0 Kudos
Junglegirl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 14 - F003525549 - Continuing slow speed -

Hi

I had a reply from the mods on here - it's been put back again until 31 December 2016 - coming up for its second birthday by that time!

0 Kudos
Junglegirl
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 14 - F003525549 - Continuing slow speed - December 2016

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd do a quick update as to the continuing problems in Area 14 in connection with the over utilisation problem.

I won't bore you with the whole saga suffice it to say that I have had many many telephone conversations with customer services (very nice people,those that I dealt with though I did have difficulty with some accents) these resulted in emails between myself and the Chief Executive's Office, which resulted in (again) several conversations, apologies, investigations and letters, one of which said I should avoid use during the busy periods which are 4pm till 11pm every evening and most of Saturday and Sunday afternoons right through. I was later advised that this had been a badly worded letter and I wasn't being instructed to actually do that!

The end result is now deadlock - this came about quite by accident. Anyway because the complaints team can't solve the problem, as this relates to something, somewhere, not 12 miles away from where I live, needing upgrading, by parts being put in, I said surely the issue can actually be resolved - simply get the parts and put them in - I mean it has actually been 2 years since the problem started. Of course the complaints team can't instruct the parts team (or whichever department deals with this matter) to order and then place the parts in the "whatever" needs them because that's out of their control.

I understand that, I really do, but surely someone, somewhere is in charge of budgets and who then decides who gets the next fix - is 2 years plus normal for this problem - no-one seems to know. I simply want to know when it IS going to be fixed - as I fully expect the December deadline to be pushed back again.

So I now have to wait for the December deadline to pass and if its put back - open the complaint again.

Guess we shall wait and see what December brings - I bet its not higher Mbps

J

0 Kudos
Junglegirl
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 14 - F003525549 - Continuing slow speed - December 2016 - update

Hi Everyone,

Sorry missed a message on here...... the date has been put back, as expected, and it is now 26/04/17

Looks like I can open my complaint again

0 Kudos