Menu
jailon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 14 Bradford slow speed

Pay for at least 30mb service (pre free upgrade to 40 or 50mb). For about 3-4 weeks now the speed has been really poor, download speeds <1mb and upload between 1 & 2mb. Rebooted router, disconnected all other internet based products, still same. Tried wifi sat next to hub on iPhone 6, still same. Win10 pc plugged direct into hub, still same.

Been on to self help on virgins website and it keeps saying, "we've found a fault, try restart everything in 10 mins", don't know how much longer I'm supposed to do this.

If I ring it in as a fault, will they charge me if it's all 'ok on the day' although I doubt it if it will improve
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 14 Bradford slow speed

Hello jailon,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting at the moment. I've taken a look and noticed that we're currently working on a fault in your area under ref: F002923663 which is due for review in April, this fault is known for reducing speeds during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

However, I've also noticed that your power levels are out of range, which won't help with the speed problems. I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to arrange for an engineer to visit to adjust the levels.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SirGravity
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand: we have congestion problems in our area, not up for review until April. However, my account is still showing me this:

"Hold on tight. Your speed boost is on the way…
Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 100Mbps to up to 150Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between January 2017 and January 2017"

How can a speed boost be imminent when the infrastructure doesn't seem able to cope with the current speeds. I'm not really bother about the 50Mbps increase ... I'd just like to see speeds of more than 5Mbps in the evenings!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SirGravity,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I hear what you're saying and I agree. It's likely the upgrade won't happen within the dates provided because of the present fault, this is something we will have to monitor.

Apart from the fault, is there anything I can help with?

Speak with you again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
aadilf1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is **bleep**, back in September I was told that the internet cables or something were going to be upgraded in December, and the issues would be resolved. Waited 3 months and still the same crappy internet, currently on 2mbps when I should be getting 70mbps. Absolute robbery this, and I don't trust you will get this resolved. You'll probably push the April maintenance back to the summer or next December **bleep**.

0 Kudos