Menu
tubbychris
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 14 - 3-4mb download speed

Seems like this is a common problem looking through this forum, but I thought rather than replying to threads i'd open my own thread to highlight my problems.

1st issue (and most important!)

VERY slow download speed over the weekend (5th & 6th Nov) barely getting up to 4mb and in most cases my upload speed is higher than the download speed! Bearing in mind I pay for the 100mb service. Checking on my phone on 7th Nov before work and test was showing 70+mb, I though problem solved. But alas, back from work at 5pm and back to 3mb download speed, and same all night.

This needs sorting ASAP!

2nd issue

Back in August 2015 VM announced a free speed upgrade, I was due to be increased to 150mb from 100mb. Great news I thought. Well I signed up and periodically check by signing in and seeing the banner with the latest timescale. I checked the other day and it read "by the end of November 2016" which was an improvement fromn the previous timescales on May/July 2017!

I checked again today and confusingly it states "Your speed boost will be ready by the end of July 2015"... now I think I am right in saying that todays date is 8th November 2016?

What is going on??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 14 - 3-4mb download speed

Hi tubbychris,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and it seems our technicians have picked up an issue with the network affecting speed at peak times - Ref(F004870466). The technicians are working to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Current review date: 18 January 2017

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

With regards to the speed upgrade in your area, I recommend giving the team a call on 150 from a Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 to check to see if your area is ready.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tubbychris
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 14 - 3-4mb download speed

Thank you for your reply. I will keep checking speeds and hopefully the peek time issue will be resolved soon, although it has not been too bad over the past few days. Perhaps less people in the area using the internet.

My VM page is fixed and shows that upgrade has been activated, so will check this tonight.

0 Kudos