Menu
Wheldcj
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Area 12 slower broadband

Hi,

It seems that my speed has been constantly upgraded over the last 18 months and i now have... wow.. vivid 200

Problem is with 100 and 150 speeds I received consistently fast speed of on or above 100mbps.  Now I am struggling to get mid 40.

Fairly disillusioned with increased prices, poor streaming on YouTube and Netflix apps and slower broadband

0 Kudos
poony
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 12 slower broadband

I'm at Area 12, only got 1m wired.  Calling Virgin soon. Your problem fixed ?

0 Kudos
Karribu
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Castle Bromwhich B36 and for past week I've gotten 16-36mb even though I used to get 150+.

Ever since I upgraded to the 200 package I've had nothing but problems. There's an engineer coming out Monday but now I can see you have the same problem i'm wondering if it is the router or the area 12. I would log into to use their diagnostic tool but it doesn't work and never has, it's always "temporarily down"

0 Kudos
Karribu
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

now getting 207mb download....this is so random..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wheldcj

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are not achieving the up to 200 Mbps broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable with no errors.

With the speed tests you completed is that through a wired or wireless connection?

Are you able to complete speed tests whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please? This will eliminate other devices connected.

When using speedtest.net > select default server and post a screen shot of the results.

Let me know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Wheldcj
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wow, yes in modem mode it is very fast.  Any suggestions how to ramp the speed up in normal mode?

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5697198517][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/5697198517.png[/I...]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Wheldcj,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Great to hear that you're getting good speeds over the Modem Mode connection.

For the wireless side of things, you can try changing the operating channel. Please take a look at this help article, it'll show you how to sign into your Hub and make the changes.

Could you please let us know if this helps.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TP88
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Funny this. Im in area 12 and habe had terrible speeds since upgrading to 200mb.
For the price it is im thinking of leaving. Especially when virgin dont seem to want to do anything about it.
0 Kudos
Wheldcj
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all suggestions to ramp up wireless speeds including trying all channels.  All only result in 40mbps and we get near 200 wired which is a massive differential especially when we used to get 100 wireless.

Is the virgin hub just on its was out!?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wheldcj,

Thanks for getting back to us.

With the Super Hub that you have it is capable of achieving the correct speeds, as when you tested through wired the results were a little over 200 Mbps.

In regards to wireless speeds, there can be many factors that will impact the speeds. It could be due to interference or even the device capability itself. For example a mobile phone may only achieve 60 Mbps whereas a laptop will hit 200 Mbps. What device are you testing with?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos