Menu
rigga955
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Area 12 frustratingly slow internet speed

So fed up with my service ive had to join up and post . lately the internet speed i recieve is shockingly bad  quite often i have less than 2mbs up and down transfer , its pretty much unusable at times i do get my quoted up to 20mb at half four in the morning so my system does work, just not when i actually need it to, its no good often quoting peak speeds if they are never available to use, pretty sure the Advertising standards authority would regard this as false advertising of a product. Trying to carry out a service check is also frustrating as it will not complete just states it will take ten minuites and pop back, but it does nothing. Absolutly shocking service and from what ive just been reading my expected upgrade due in November this month (although this has repeatably been delayed for over a year so not holding my breath on this ) will make no difference and probably reduce my service even further ....... you can only take the **bleep** for so long before customers have had enough and decide to go elswhere, im at that point right now.

0 Kudos
rigga955
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 12 frustratingly slow internet speed

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (contains your IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
rigga955
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK so the screenshot of two speed tests I had carried out, one in the morning and one evening, to highlight the slow speed issues have been removed as inappropriate, but my issue remains regardless ..... any help from VM at all??
0 Kudos
moogwai
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm in area 12 too....i'm 200mg and i'm only getting 75 at best during the day when its supposedly not as busy......i have no chance trying to stream off my now tv box on an evening, i hear virgin throttle their speeds!!! i'm seriously considering leaving and going to bt or sky!!! its been like it for ages!! 200mg my backside!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi rigga955,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004389373 and with a review date of 11th January 2017.

I was unable to check the stats on your own line, are you able to post this information from the router settings please? Just in case there are other issues contributing to these slow speeds. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ross_81
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can we have an update on this fault (F004389373).

11th January has now passed and the speeds are still just as slow.

0 Kudos
rigga955
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problem all resolved now, full internet speed restored

I sacked virgin off and went to sky fibre, actually get what I'm paying for, VM are a joke. 

0 Kudos
fl1pster
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Seen you post and finding the same issue what is Area 12?. Am meant to have 200mb and best ive seen is 110 and sometimes am getting 3 mb at night which is just a joke.

0 Kudos
rigga955
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Look at your virgin media account, it will state your area number, 12 is Birmingham, or at least part of it, VM tend to keep on selling internet deals when the system in certain area's can't cope, over utalization I think is the term, new customers signing up regardless whether the quoted speed they have been offered is attainable, the more people using the system, the slower the speed. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ross_81

Thanks for posting.

I've checked fault Ref.(F004389373) and the current review date is 25th April 2017.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos