Menu
doomguy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Area 11 - slow every night now.

I posted recently about the above, but my post seems to have disappeared.  

Im on 70mps but at nights the speed often drops down to single digit speeds, and pings can be terrible.  only been happening relatively recently.

can someone check to see if there is a problem?

also, i've had the original superhub for years now and its never been great.  is there any chance of this being replaced to see if it is the problem?

thanks

0 Kudos
3b
Joining in
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 11 - slow every night now.

I posted about Area 11 issues last night, but haven't been able to make any headway.

I pay for Vivid 200 but never break over 100Mbps. I've ran tests across all my kit and even upgraded my cabling to see if that was a problem, but I strongly suspect the project lies at the Virgin end. I rang Support again, but all they found was 'everything looks good to us'. I can't blame the Support team for following their scripts/procedures, that's what they are trained to do, but the lack of progress is a bit frustrating.

0 Kudos
doomguy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

hi, thanks for your reply.  just did a quick test before work, its now 8.16 am.   download speed is 67mb and upload is 5mb.  

last night all the way up until just before midnight every test i did was between about 5 and 11mpd down, but the upload was consistent around 5mb.

i think that does kind of narrow it down to overutilisation at night when everyone is on, but i'd appreciate an official response on this so i can decide whether to change to a new isp as i only use internet at evenings mostly.

0 Kudos
doomguy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

not had any response to this yet.  can someone from virgin check this and reply please?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hey doomguy,

Thanks for your perseverance, I'm not sure what happened to your earlier post, apologies that it's no longer showing.

I've tried testing the connection to find out what's going on for you but I'm afraid I couldn't locate any details for the connection from your forum account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to get some more details. Just drop me a reply when you get chance and happily look in to things further once I have the details I need.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi doomguy,

Thanks for supplying me with your details via PM Smiley Happy

I've been able to locate the connection and I've completed some tests. Unfortunately it does seem that the area is suffering from increased demand during peak times. This is something we're aware of and our engineers are currently undergoing planning work to complete necessary broadband upgrades to meet the current demand.

The team have provided us with a reference (F004120342) and review date (5th April 2017) relating to their ongoing activities in the area. I've passed your details to a colleague who'll be in touch to discuss a loss of service credit for the period of the ongoing work, they'll also be in touch with updates once we have those around the time of the next review.

I'm sorry it's not better news, feel free to bump this thread to check on progress or if you have any further questions.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
doomguy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev

many thanks for your help with this.  i note all that you say and hopefully things will improve soon.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hey doomguy,

Thanks again for your post Smiley Happy

Please keep in touch for updates, I really appreciate your patience.

If you need anything else from us in the mean time, please just ask.

Catch you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
doomguy
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

thanks again.  one thing i wondered - is there any chance of getting the latest superhub?  i've had the original one for many years now and the wireless has never been very good at all.  thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello again doomguy,

Yes this is a possibility, I can see you've been using the same kit for a few years so you're due an upgrade.

Let me just confirm your delivery address and we will get this ordered right away.

Please check your inbox (purple envelope, top right) for my message.

Speak soon.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos