Menu
amf7019
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 11 - Speeds terrible since outage 2 weeks ago

We are on vivid200 and have been for some time now, never have we had speed issues, always 200mb or very close to the maximum when lower.

Our internet went out around 2 weeks ago, only for a few hours, but when it returned we were struggling for 10mb, I thought, give it a few days, maybe something to do with the outage, so, left it a week or so, speeds were creeping up daily but now struggling for 50mb at any point in the day and sometimes its regularly down at 10mb. I called the helpline the other day, who ran several tests (over an hour includng remote accessing my computer because they didn't believe nothing was connected to our modem) the advisor switched our modem to modem only mode, which resulted in getting no internet at all, tried several things but couldn't restore it, told me I would get a call back from their supervisor for me to receive no call and have to get my internet working myself (hard reset of the router to get it back into normal mode as I had no access via wire).

The speed issue still remains and getting no where near 200!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 11 - Speeds terrible since outage 2 weeks ago

I take it you are testing the speeds on a wired connection.

Posting some basic diagnostic info may help.

Navigate to the hub's GUI using http://192.168.100.1
Don't log in, click the Router Status button in the top right of the screen.
Copy \ Paste the Downstream, Upstream, and Network Logs.

Don't worry about the formatting, but do obscure personal information like your WAN IP address.

0 Kudos
amf7019
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 11 - Speeds terrible since outage 2 weeks ago

The issue seems to be resolved now, my son disconnected the modem completely, reconnected still the same, disconnected again and connected the old one (superhub2), left it for 10 minutes, no internet (didnt expect there to be) connected the new one again (Superhub 3) and now getting 200mb+. Not sure if it was a fluke or if connecting the old one cause it to try and assign me to another IP or something but it's fine now, lets see if it remains!

0 Kudos