Menu
vixxstone
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Area 04 majorly slow broadband with 200 vivid

We have always had problems with our virgin broadband, sometimes unbearably so. One night it's not too bad, other nights Youtube can't even load a video.

Decided to upgrade from 50mb to vivid 200mb and it has made no difference. The highest it has been is 40 something early in the day which I could get when I paid less money. It is currently fleeting between 4 and 0.whatever mbps. Is it my area or is there a problem somewhere else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sick of it living in a house of 5 and 2 people can barely use their phones at once past 7 o'clock.
0 Kudos
bryanee1983
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 04 majorly slow broadband with 200 vivid

I'm in the 04 area as well and while I only have a 50mb connection every night between 7pm and Midnight my internet slows to anything between 0.5mb and up to 4mb if I'm lucky. Spoke to virgin a few times about this and all I get is the peak time speech rubbish. It never used to be like this but ever since August its been a issue. I understand that you can expect some slow down of your broadband during peak hours but to lose up to 49mb of my speed is ridiculous.

On top of that the Superhub 3 I got is garbage with port fowarding not working at all and it constantly drops connection using ethernet cables in my consoles which leaves me to believe its a faulty unit. On top of that they keep bumping up the prices.

BT Infinity just hit the area and I'm thinking about going with them.

0 Kudos
vixxstone
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It seems like it must be a problem with the area then. I had an engineer out yesterday to fit our television box and I told him about the speeds. He said something about a possibility our area has not had an update of its wiring or something along those lines.

I currently have a super hub 2. Virgin begrudgingly agreed to send out a hub 3 which is due to come tomorrow after 3 phone calls of them saying 2 was better than 3. I did insist though that the engineer told me hub 2 would only reach 100mbps and I was paying for 200...

Just feeling really agitated that I'm paying for something that I'm not even remotely achieving.
0 Kudos
bryanee1983
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well the super slow speeds have started early today. Joy of joys.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi vixxstone,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too high at + 14 dBmV and for this I would like to book an engineer to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003463842 and with a review date of 23rd November.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide