Menu
noonie
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Area 04 Slow Broadband

Hi

I'm supposed to be getting up to 70Mb/s but over the last month or so my Broadband speed is

well down. Even at peak times i used to get around 40 Mb/s but that looks a thing of the past

just lately. I heard it was an over capacity problem in this area & wondered when it will be sorted out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 04 Slow Broadband

Hi noonie, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and the connection seems to be ok from this side. 

Are you using a wire or a wireless connection? If wireless try wired pop the Hub into modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. Let us know if this makes a difference. 

It may also help to see a BQM so we can better idea of how things are looking from your side. (please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents).

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
noonie
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

I changed my router to Modem Mode & used an Ethernet cable, but the max speed I'm getting is

the same as on Wireless, around 20Mbs max.

As for the BQM monitor, i can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks for suggesting these things, but it hasn't made any difference really.

0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just wondering, whereabouts in area 4 are you located?

I'm in WV10 and all seems well. I'm aware of Telford facing an over utilisation issue.
0 Kudos
noonie
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the border between Oldbury & Dudley Area's (B69)

Ive read on the Forum that there may be an over utilization issue

in Rowley, which is not too far from me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi noonie,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I appreciate the checks you have completed so far.

If you can try another speed test whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode and the PC/laptop is in Safe Mode with Networking please? This will eliminate other devices connected and any software issues on the device. When using speedtest.net, select the default server and if you can post a link/screenshot of the results.

In regards to the BQM that Emma mentioned make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP, for this to work.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
noonie
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

I conducted a speed test with my PC in safe mode with networking & got 77.43 Mbps with an Ethernet Cable. Then on Wireless it

was 43.93 Mbps.

While in Safe Mode i discovered an old Anti-Virus URL Filter which i could not delete before & deleted it. Now back in Router Mode my Wireless

speed has increased to what it was previously, (40 plus Mbps rather than around 18 Mbps) which is much better than before. I don't know if the old URL

filter was the problem.

Having a bit of trouble importing my Speed Graph & BQM from Think Broadband, but things are a lot better at the moment, than they were.

Thanks

Noonie.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Noonie,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad there has been an improvement with the speeds, that is good. Not sure if the Anti-Virus URL Filter was the cause but at least you noticed it.

Keep monitoring the connection and if you notice any further issues, by all means let us know.

Take care 

Sam

0 Kudos