Menu
achilles8
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 03 very slow speeds

Am on vivid 152 but I get speeds of 0.2 Mbps and slower every evening (the connection was great until two months ago when everything went **bleep** up all of a sudden!)

I have called virgin support multiple times over the last two months and was told that this would be fixed with a "systems" upgrade on the 8th of March. This date has come and gone and there is no improvement in service. I called again today and apparently now the fix is due on the 26th of April! Seems to be just an excuse with a rolling window! 

0 Kudos
TonyDi
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 03 very slow speeds

Hi achilles8.

I feel you pain! I'm in area 03 (Croydon) & have had issues for over 12 months.

Been promised a fix by January this year, then February, then March & have now received this:

"The current fault F004511696 has a review date of 17/05/17"

My broadband was non existent from 5pm yesterday so I called VM & after waiting 20 mins to get through, was told there is no fault reported & that an engineer will be attending next Wednesday. An hour later, I was up & (barely) running, poor speeds but at least I could use it.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 03 very slow speeds

Hi there achilles8,

Thanks for posting on the community.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

From checking your connection, I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area which you mentioned. The reference number is F004822712 and has a review date of 26th April. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth.

If you have this issue outside peak hours, can you complete a speed test through a wired connection please to see if the speeds differ?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos