Menu
pknx123
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Area 03 appalling Broadband speed for last week. Anyone know why ?

Tried running a test via the Virgin network tester, but ironically that page always seems to not be working. I just upgraded to 200mbs but seems to be worse than what I have previously. Any help would be welcome. thx 

0 Kudos
bencoder
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 03 appalling Broadband speed for last week. Anyone know why ?

Same here. SW19, colliers wood area.

First noticed it Friday evening or Saturday. Getting no more than 1.5mbps with occasional heavy latency and complete cut-outs making it completely unusable for gaming or streaming and even just normal browsing is very painful.

Service status page says nothing is wrong - I called up customer service who told me there is a fault in the area and engineers began a fix yesterday but it would take up to 7 days and to call back on the 7th if it's not fixed. I wish the service status page would show something.

It's been mostly completely fine before this for the last 3 years I've lived here.

Current result: http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6094797253

Fishpan
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SM4, Lower Morden Area

Mine speeds were horrible throughout the day week before last with speeds barely hitting 10mbps and latency over 300ms.

They seem to have rectified it last week though and I am back to usual speeds albeit with the same congestion in the evening.

I received a letter from Virgin in the post that they are carrying out essential maintenance work on March 7th and that I should expect to have an interruption on that day. I hope that they are dealing with this issue on this day such as upgrading to a newer CMTS to get rid of all our problems at once. 

One can hope...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi pknx123, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection? 

If wireless try wired, pop the Hub into Modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. Let us know if it makes a difference. 

It may also help to see a BQM so we can get a better idea of what is happening from your side. (Please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents). 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bencoder, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005119535 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 26/07/2017. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fishpan, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have also experienced trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems there is an issue with slow speeds on the upstreams during peak hours. 

I have popped the details across to networks and will let you know as soon as I know more. 

Additionally I can see that your upstream power levels are too high. I would like to get an engineer out to correct this for you. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos