Menu
aspullite
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Area 01, very slow evening speeds

Hello, my evening speeds have slowed to a crawl compared to the afternoon ones. I understand there will be a drop due to people using the service but dropping to 6 meg on a 100meg connection is unacceptable. I was off work today and did a speedtest at 3.45pm which came in at an impressive 106 meg but by 8.50pm that had dropped to an atrocious 5 meg which is a joke. Please tell me this will be resolved pretty soon or it is time to jump ship to another provider.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 01, very slow evening speeds

Hi Aspullite,

Sorry to hear you're getting slow speeds in the evenings. I've just checked your connection and there is a contention fault open in the area under ticket F003571613. This will cause slow speeds at peak times such as evenings and weekends like you describe and is due for review 06/04/16. After this date we can check on the progress of the work to resolve this and get you more information so bump this post after the 6th and we'll get back to you ASAP.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
karinafairhurst
Joining in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Bump.  Also have extremely slow speeds in Wigan area 01.  What is the status on F003571613, and does it apply to my connection as well?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi karinafairhurst,

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering slow speeds problems.  It appears you're not affected by the same fault reference as is mentioned in this thread.  

I've posted a reply to your thread regarding this issue.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
aspullite
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I've just done a speedtest and hit the heady heights of 11meg, obviously this hasn't been resolved yet so are there any updates as to when it may be? Thanks.
Lol19
Joining in
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

We've been having problems since December. On ringing Virgin I've been told it's down to upgrading in the area and should be resolved by April. We're in Liverpool. I've so far been refunded £5 per month as this was the maximum. We're on 50mb. This is the most recent reading.

image.jpg

0 Kudos
aspullite
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

bump
0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in area 01, I wouldn't hold your breath for it to be resolved in April. I phoned a week ago as mine was April, it's now been pushed back to August for the next review. Totally unacceptable, I've escalated an official complaint through Virgin Media now as this is nearly 4 years for me.

0 Kudos
Thyreth
Tuning in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Guys i wouldn't hold your breath for any promises, I've had this problem in my area for a Year and a half, and was promised it'd of been fixed over a year ago, they just keep giving you updates saying it's fixed, then when you call back the next day, "oh it wasn't fixed it'll be fixed in another 2months" then repeat over and over. It seems this is happening in nearly every area in the country!

0 Kudos
JesusHairdo
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Started a thread of my own as I didnt want to hijack but Im another Area 01 customer here seeing about 3Mbs tops from what should be 100Mbs. Every evening without fail.
0 Kudos