Menu
dkvinyls
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 01 (Preston) Peak time speed issues

Good Morning

Can anyone confirm if there is an open fault log covering Area 01 Preston for peak time traffic problems. My connection has been getting steadily worse over the last 9 months but the last two weeks have been unbearable. Speed in the evening have ranged from 0.5mbps to 10mbps, streaming just isn’t possible anymore let alone streaming in 4K through Netflix which I unfortunately pay a premium for. It especially ridiculous as I’m paying for the 200mbps service!

It definitely seems to be a network traffic issue as the speed is back up to 120mbps in the morning (though still short of the 200mbps I’m paying for). I have tried speed test through wireless and wired with only a single device connected to the router. I’ve also tested with several devices to ensure the device I am using isn’t causing the problem. All tests have had the same results, dire speeds in the evening and reasonable speeds in the morning outside of peak times.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 01 (Preston) Peak time speed issues

Hi dkvinyls,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F005090546). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 26th April 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dkvinyls
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your response Josh, it's good to have a number that I can at least query in April if I'm still with Virgin by that point.

Do you have a link to the virgin complaints procedure? I've searched around the website but I can only find a phone number or live chat which aren't getting me anywhere. As the service is so degraded (to the point where amazon prime and netflix are unusable at times, both of which I also pay for) I don't see why I should be paying full price for 200mbps broadband. I now have a device logging a speed test result every hour so I can graph the speeds I receive, this has revealed another dissapointment. The highest speeds I'm achieving all day are only 80mbps, pretty much the same I could get through BT or Sky Fibre.

I'll post some graphs for other interested users later in the week.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dkvinyls,

Thanks for getting back to me, I understand how frustrating this can be.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can discuss this further with you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos