Menu
Elric
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Appalling speeds in area 31

I'm on the 152mbps service but only get around 4mbps on weekends and evening, on week days I get around 6-12mbps if I'm lucky.

This has been going on for months now, I've tried everything the Internet has to offer for advice and still got nowhere.

I'm fed up with constantly being asked to join the 200mbps when I can't even reach beyond 12mbps, so won't be upgrading until this problem is fixed. Or should I just change providers because I have a poor area or something?

0 Kudos
Area31pain
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling speeds in area 31

Hi Elric

It seems there are many people with the same issue in area 31. I've posted here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Let-s-make-a-noise-area-31/td-p/3358584.

It's utterly shocking that this company is tarnishing the Virgin brand - a brand which was known for being a challenger; focusing on customer service and product innovation etc. If Richard Branson only knew what they are doing to the brand he has built ...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Elric,

Thanks for joining the community, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're currently experiencing, I know this is frustrating. I've just taken a look and I'm sorry to confirm that we have a fault in your area which is responsible for reducing the speeds, especially during peak time hours. The fault ref is: F003946388 and it's due for review on the 29th April. If you keep in touch with us and bump this post on or after the review date, we will have more info for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nickh
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Elric,

If you speak to Customer Service they should apply a credit to your account until the over-utilisation issue impacting your area is fixed.

Given over-utilisation issues typically take months, if not years, to be resolved, you may well be better off looking at alternative providers who can offer a more reliable and consistent service.

Nick

0 Kudos