I didn't think I'd ever need to post in here regarding a poor broadband connection, as my service from VM has always been reliable.
But that has changed!
Four days ago there was a network change somewhere, as evidenced by a different IP address.
Since then, although the connection speeds have been relatively stable, the latency has been awful. I am about to report this.. I'm not expecting to get it to be resolved by posting here, but I just need to blow off some steam.
There was another issue in addition to the latency, and I started a discussion in Tech Chatter, here:
I have not called in to report the latency problem because from the discussion in the other thread it is clear that reporting it is unlikely to achieve anything. That's if others' experience is anything to go by. The latency is still awful compared with the excellent service I previously had. However if there is any help at all that you can offer I would of course be eternally grateful.
Hi Sam. It's not significantly better I'm afraid. And still with that weird 6 hours cycle.
The speed has dropped in the last few days too, now hovering at about 100Mbps. A lot better than some people are having to get along with, but still very disappointing when I could previously boast such an excellent connection.
Thanks for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection.
I have taken a look and I can see a number of T3 time outs but I cannot see the time frame they occurred in. Please re-boot the hub from the mains and let me know when you have done so. I will then be able to keep an eye on the time outs.