Menu
shields84
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Appalling Customer Service

So....i have been getting a download spped of less than 3mb/s since around April, i am currently paying a premium £33+ a month for 100mb/s.

Having contacted Virgin customer i was told in May that my Broadband speed would be 100% fixed by early September(!), against my better judgement i decided to hold out. In return for this is was offered a discount of £10 a month on my bill (frankly unacceptable given i'm getting around 3% of the speed i'm paying for!).

When September arrived i was told the problem hadn't been fixed but was promised it would be rectified by the 28th Spetmber (my bill was due on the 29th so i was charged full price yet again).

I have been lied to 3 times about when my broadband speed would be fixed, there has been no interim solution and no engineer sent out. It is now the end of October and i am getting less than 1mb/s, paying £33+ a month and absolutely no way forward.

I have phoned Virgin 3 times now and as i have no landline these calls quickly spiral into £20 calls with absolutely no resolution.

I happily tell all of my friend and family to avoid Virgin like the plague as in my experience i have been robbed and lied to consistently.

Am i alone with this issue? Has anyone found a solution (other than going to SKY)?

Pops2
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling Customer Service

Ofcom have a section addressing Broadband issues.
Follow the procedure they give and, seeing that you were promised resolution you can escalate it now.
Hopefully, if enough people go this route then Ofcom will pay Virgin a visit and slap a fine on them! When that hits the papers it will be good reverse advertising for them and you wont even have to bother telling your friends.
I have time on my hands and there is often a promotional van selling Virgin in my area. I am going to print out the list of complaints on this forum and hand them out to people who erroneously approach the van so they can see what actually goes on!
0 Kudos
LokiDog
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Similar boat here only on 50mb paying £29.40/month, currently getting £7.50/month credit.

Problem since March this year with a REVIEW date of 28th Dec '16 (been bumped up a few times with more bumps to come no doubt).

Tonight it's been about 0.4mb, pretty much useless.

I don't have a phone with them so refuse to pay to complain. I do it all on here, mostly when I'm a bit drunk.

shields84
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, i'll be registering a complaint with Ofcom tomorrow. It is without doubt the single worst experience with a service provider in my entire life. I am currently getting less than 1% of the download speed i am paying for, its an absolute shambles and i plan on leaving as soon as i possibly can

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi shields84,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the issues you have been experiencing with the broadband connection and for the inconvenience caused. I know how frustrating this can be and I would like to help as much as I can.

I've taken a look at your connection, and I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area that you mentioned which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003529016 and with a review date of 14th December.

With these faults they will have review dates which are subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will give you more information in regards to this fault.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide