Menu
kato900
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Anyone thinking about joining VM, look at this

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/dec5869bb47ec0954b5ba924657bfdca-23-02-2017.html

This is what you can expect. Just look on the forums for more proof.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone thinking about joining VM, look at this

that is one and the forum are a small number of people.

Most people havestable connections
0 Kudos
kato900
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the forums are a small number of people, because the majority aren't tech savvy enough to realise the issue, or even be are they have one. So the forums may not be the majority, but for everyone one person complaining about a congestion issue, there is probably over a 100 others that aren't aware. It's no secret VM have a massive issue with over congestion, because they keep selling packages they cannot handle. Why would you even try and defend that? Open your eyes man. I got lied to by VM for a year and a half, and finally I cancelled after having my "Fix date" aka "Review date" sent back another 3 months, after being told engineers are fixing as we spoke on the phone. I've never been lied to or mistreated by a company in my life, more than I have by VM. It's disgusting. And the fact you try and defend that is just... Wow.

outernet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Virgin area 03, 100mpbs customer checking in here.

Joining VM was the worst decision I made when moving to my new house. I've placed my order with Zen Internet and in two weeks I'll be smiling with delight at finally washing my hands of this ISP.

For reference at my anger and despair, here's my internet speeds for the last month -

Slow speeds with Virgin BroadbandSlow speeds with Virgin Broadband

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 66
Flag for a moderator

chart_1487878178.png

0 Kudos
outernet
Tuning in
Message 6 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Congrats man! You lucky little sausage, you. Genuinely, I'm delighted for you.

"Most people havestable connections" - you mean apart from the 8 significant drops you've had in the space of 7 days? Yeah I suppose if we take those out of the equation then sure, entirely stable.
0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Most probably don't even know they are not getting what they are paying for like my neighbor as last week I asked her what ISP she had and she said Virgin so I told her of the issues I have been having and she said " it does take a long time to load a page, but the engineers are always good " So I now will be sorting out her credit too since she didn't even know it was a fault. Virgin rely on the clueless its only really streamers, etc. that will notice most of it.

ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 66
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
that is one and the forum are a small number of people.

Most people havestable connections

* deleted *
not worth a response

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 66
Flag for a moderator

outernet wrote:

"Most people havestable connections" - you mean apart from the 8 significant drops you've had in the space of 7 days? Yeah I suppose if we take those out of the equation then sure, entirely stable.

No you are not. That is my parents connection. I'm stick on a 5mbps DSL as no cable/infinity where i live. my MAX speed is about 8.

But you can't be a ############ when someone posts something that proves you wrong. Most people get the advertised speed on VM

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 10 of 66
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:

outernet wrote:

No you are not. That is my parents connection. I'm stick on a 5mbps DSL as no cable/infinity where i live. my MAX speed is about 8.

But you can't be a ########## when someone posts something that proves you wrong. Most people get the advertised speed on VM

You post one set of results that isn't stable and that proves that most people are on a stable connection?

95%+ of the people on the Virgin network wouldn't have a clue that their connection limited during peak hours, most of the people have 50, 100, 200mb and don't even use a fraction of it most of the time.

I don't know if most people have a stable connection, neither do you, I do know that there are thousands that have VM and have no idea they are not getting what they paid for.