Menu
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Anyone had their oversubscribed issues fixed?

So my speed during peak time is a whopping 0.6mb down! - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5885779352 Thats less than 1% of what I pay for! It's an absolute joke that Virgin are able to say you get upto 100mb or whatever on a connection.

When someone says upto you assume at anyone time you will get atleast 50% of what you pay for right? WRONG!

I have been chasing for over 2 Years (F003259558) I'm now waiting for SKY/BT to have a good BB Deal on (Unless Virgin will kindly pay the install fees for a new line with another supplier!) - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-yet-again-in-Bromley-F003259558/td-p/3205414

Has anyone here ever had their issue fixed? 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone had their oversubscribed issues fixed?

Few have. Think Rotherham had the most recent (that I know of)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
yamazaki
Dialled in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

After the entirety of 2015 was lost to oversubscription in my area the problem was resolved in January 2016 and headline speeds were obtained even during peak hours. Unfortunately the fix seems to have been somewhat short-sighted and the issue reappeared around September. Combined with the week+ response time on this forum and the woeful telephone support I have cancelled and ended a seventeen year subscription to NTL/Virgin. Shame.
0 Kudos
razortime
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I've been waiting 14 months for mine to be sorted.Shocking service and one I am surprised Virgin have let carry on for so long.

0 Kudos
fatalexception
Superfast
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Nope and still waiting since December 2013.

0 Kudos
wrxengland
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

S65 14 rotherham  area was fixed for one week now it's broken again ....http://www.speedtest.net/result/5889032418.png i get this after 4.00pm

0 Kudos
Ianm2585
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

As far as i know the area im in (31) is never likely to be fixed everything was good until everyone got the free speed upgrade now its just never ending review dates and putting up with a crap service like several people here now looking to swap suppliers which basically what virgin want ascthe more people they can get rid off should free there service up a bit .iget 10pound a month rebate but still pay a high price for a crap service . The most annoying thing is virgin is still selling packages to new customers in this area greed or what. But walking around the estate with my mobile roaming the amount of virgin customers is in decline being replaced with sky and bt maybe if richard put more money into virgin media than silly attempts to get rich people into space we may get the service that we pay for .mind you at least for his baloon attempts he gets all the hot air free from customer services .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

'Richard' doesn't own the business anymore.

Liberty global is the parent company of VM who hold the purse strings now. They like profit, even with the rebate you are still paying so they like you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

thepixel wrote:

So my speed during peak time is a whopping 0.6mb down! - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5885779352 Thats less than 1% of what I pay for! It's an absolute joke that Virgin are able to say you get upto 100mb or whatever on a connection.

When someone says upto you assume at anyone time you will get atleast 50% of what you pay for right? WRONG!

I have been chasing for over 2 Years (F003259558) I'm now waiting for SKY/BT to have a good BB Deal on (Unless Virgin will kindly pay the install fees for a new line with another supplier!) - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-yet-again-in-Bromley-F003259558/td-p/3205414

Go down the CISAS route, they can be compelled to pay installation costs for an alternative . Others have.

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

thepixel wrote:

Nope, but got half price BB from CISAS, that's up in May 2017 and I will put another complaint in, this time get more than half price because it's even less than what CISAS thought it was last time, they put my average at 50Mbps its now 10-15Mbps on 200Mbps!!....mmmmm, maybe 80% reduction this time, or maybe what the network is worth, 100% discount.

I also think they should fit the bill for all our losses, most came to Virgin Medium on the promise of better and faster, top of the range, supper duper network, monkey biff is more attractive than this poor mans squirt.

Quote:

All thanks to the magic in our cables, DOCSIS® 3 tech 

With Virgin Media, you can get what you want, when you want it. That’s because we use a totally different type of cable with DOCSIS®3 tech and run it right to your house. It’s not just faster, it’s more reliable too. So you are more likely to get the speeds you signed up for. It’s all down to DOCSIS® 3 tech – the magic in our cables."

Just a mere fizzle here, they should cover all our costs to get a working service, lets face it, it all connected to 2 cable connections, only the phone works, and that is also a premium price. WE have all been lied to!

How to complain to CISAS

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos