Menu
lackingbandwidt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Anybody having problems with virgin email accounts being hacked?

I keep getting emails showing the sender as one of my contacts, but sent from an entirely different email account

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anybody having problems with virgin email accounts being hacked?

Hi lackingbandwidt,

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your emails. 

There is a couple of things you should take a look at if you think your email has been hacked. Firstly take a look at this helpful link.

Secondly it would also be a good a idea to take a look at our article on Spoofing

When you reset your password make sure you have checked for any unknown forwarding or filters, both in web mail and client mail and on all devices you access the emails from. 

It is also a good idea to change your security answers. I would also recommend checking for viruses on all devices used to access emails. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lackingbandwidt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the standard virginmedia reply, but my pc has antivrus, and I know what spoof emails look like. Out of all my email accounts, only my NTLWORLD email account has been hacked. This occurred shortly after the migration to virgins own email platform, from the more secure (but expensive) gmail platform. Talktalk and yahoo admitted when they had a problem, but virgin refuses to.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lackingbandwidt, 

Apologies that I did not reply sooner. I am sorry to see you continued to have trouble with your emails. The security of our customers details is of utmost importance to us there has been no breech from this side. 

Do you use any other devices to access your emails or does anyone else have access to the email account? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lackingbandwidt
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, and no. I only send emails from one machine, and I am the only user. I connect to the router by cable and my passwords are not remembered on the browser. All the cookies and history are deleted on exit.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lackingbandwidt,

Thanks for getting back in touch. It sounds like the email address in question is on a spam list. 

If you are able to pop us across the header details via PM (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner) and we'll be able to take a further look into this for you. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos