Menu
cabgdg
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Anybody experiancing very slow broadband in kirkby area over last several weeks

Anybody experiancing very slow broadband in kirkby area over last several weeks various times

usually between 4pm into early hours lasting 1 hour or more

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
greyman
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Anybody experiancing very slow broadband in kirkby area over last several weeks

If that's Kirkby in Ashfield, I'm in Nottinghamshire also, area code 30, and I have been having exactly the same experience.  In short, the low speeds are being caused by VM trying to squeeze too many customers onto their network and not being in any rush and/or not wanting to spend any money on increasing its capacity to handle the demand.

Like a lot of peeps on here, i'm currently collecting evidence of the poor performance, with regular speedtests and will be sending all of that, along with evidence of VM's total lack of any will to correct it, to CISAS.  

All Replies
greyman
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Anybody experiancing very slow broadband in kirkby area over last several weeks

If that's Kirkby in Ashfield, I'm in Nottinghamshire also, area code 30, and I have been having exactly the same experience.  In short, the low speeds are being caused by VM trying to squeeze too many customers onto their network and not being in any rush and/or not wanting to spend any money on increasing its capacity to handle the demand.

Like a lot of peeps on here, i'm currently collecting evidence of the poor performance, with regular speedtests and will be sending all of that, along with evidence of VM's total lack of any will to correct it, to CISAS.  

nobody
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I live in kirby and have just started a thread.
(I did not see this one) For thoses of us locked into a contract does anyone know of anything we can do if virgin are not going to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Save regular speed tests and submit a formal complaint.  It probably won't solve the problem, but it will "load your gun" for a claim for compensation via CISAS.  If VM get enough of these and the threat of a big fine increases, it might prompt them to seek a solution and actually start meeting their obligations under their customer contracts.

We can but hope

0 Kudos
cabgdg
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just add i live in Kirkby Merseyside

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi cabgdg,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear your experiencing speed issues.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and everything is looking quite healthy at the moment. Your signal levels are all within spec and there are no issues with the network in your area.

Are you connected wired or wirelessly?

I'd like you to try running a speed test with the hub in Modem Mode to see what kind of results you get.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos