Menu
beljim
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Another recently upgraded but now slower than before

I upgraded a few days ago from 50Mbit to 150Mbit but now getting a slower download speed than when was on the 50Mbit.

Noticeably on an evening.

I am currently only getting between 10 and 20 Mbit speeds in the evening. I never had the issue when on the 50Mbit always getting my full speed.

I've tested using various speed test sites same as I did before the upgrade.

0 Kudos
beljim
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another recently upgraded but now slower than before

My download speed is now slower than my upload speed, currently @ 3Mbits

0 Kudos
beljim
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can a Forum moderator check my speeds before my post is lost to the masses and can you confirm seeing as this is a change to my original package I have the right to cancel up to 14 days, right?

I won't be able to cope with this drop in speed every evening as I stream a lot of media and can't watch anything.

On a side note I don't suppose anyone has experience with Vodaphone fibre 76Mbit? I'm looking to change to them if this can't be fixed asap.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi beljim,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds after upgrading. I know how frustrating this can be.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable which is good.

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ? If you can use speedtest.net > select the default server and post a screenshot/link of the results.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos