Menu
Kelsbells1982
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Another 50 to 70MB Speed Upgrade not happened...

Hi,

Possibly 4 - 6 weeks ago I accepted the offer of a free speed upgrade from 50mbs to 70mbs

At the same time I made some amendments via customer services to my package.

My super hub which is in modem mode and has been rebooted a number of times is not being assigned a 70mbs config. 

In fact when signing in to the virgin media portal it say "my speed upgrade to 50mbs is complete" however I have been on 50mbs for 2 years.

Could you please amend my config? My account uses the same email address as this forum account (the first letter of the username/email is a capital)

Regards

K

0 Kudos
BazPD
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another 50 to 70MB Speed Upgrade not happened...

Hi,

I have not received my free speed upgrade and have a complaint case against Virgin Media through "Resolver" (as recommended by moneysavingexpert. com). Have you got your speed upgrade yet?

Anyone else not receive it?

0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

me neither

0 Kudos
Kelsbells1982
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bump for a mod
0 Kudos
Kelsbells1982
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mark as solved, spoke to customer services via telephone.

Due to a package change the speed offer could not be applied simultaneously however 30 days from the package upgrade I will receive the offer again automatically on the website and can apply again.

Not illogical but perhaps this could be better explained when speed upgrades are offered to save everyone's time?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelsbells1982

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the speed boost.

I am truly sorry but the information you were given when you called was incorrect. I am feeding this back to the agent.

Customers can either have the speed boost or a new offer, they are unable to have both.

In accepting the package change this has removed you're eligibility from having the speed boost. If you'd prefer to return to your previous pricing package and have the speed boost you can discuss this with the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they can look at restoring the offer you had before this was made and renew eligibility. This may increase your package price.

Please keep us posted if you need any further support and let us know how you get on.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos