Menu
Timeforabath
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Annoyed at my speed!!!

Moved house and let virgin know and that my internet was being disconnected and re activated in my new house on the 10th, rather than waiting I phoned up and he manually moved my MAC address for me so I got internet the day I moved in... speed tested and was getting my 100mbps, when it hit the 10th when it was going to be re activated, although I got it activated before then my speeds went terrible, I phoned up and the guy on the phone said he sent some signals to my router, my speeds went up to 50mbps for about 30 minutes, then went back down to 2... I've rang again about an hour ago as I was on the phone for an hour, the woman restarted my laptop remote connection, like That's going to help...... rebooted it in safe mode, because that's going to help too... I told her to sent some power signals to my router to speed it up, after numerous failed attempts by her she blamed it on an outage in my are and nothing more could be done, I've checked online and it clearly states in my area (Broadband) - NO KNOWN ISSUES, She then told me it will take 3 weeks to fix, is this an absolute joke? Can someone who has any more sense then she did please assist me? It's evidentially a line problem and I'm not having customer service try and sugar coat it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoyed at my speed!!!

Evening Timeforabath,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband speeds in your new property.

I've taken a look at your network and can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area which you mentioned. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004880254 and has a review date of 25th January.

Do you get these speeds at all times of the day or just during peak hours?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Timeforabath
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey, thanks for getting back to me, it took me a few phone calls as I knew it was not down to the utilisation error in my area due to me only moving to my new property from my old property which is 2 minutes round the corner, after numerous phone calls they finally re configured everything and I am now receiving my 100mbps, thankyou Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Timeforabath,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad you called through to us and the speeds are now much better Smiley Happy

Monitor the connection and if there are any further issues, by all means get back in touch.

Take care

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide