Menu
djc2419
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Amazingly slow speed Bradford

I am writing to you as i am getting seriously annoyed at the poor broadband speeds I have been getting for the last year.  Every time I ring I am told it is a known issue with "contention ratios" and always given a date that is a couple of months away for it being fixed, and usually after a bit of complaining the advisor will refund the internet part of my bill.  I can understand the issue with ratios during peak times but the screenshot that i have attached was taken at 00:30 in the morning and as you can see i am getting less than half of the 70mbs that i am paying for but at least usable, unfortunately that wasn't the case yesterday evening when i was achieving the amazing speed of 0.5 mbs....yes the same speed as an old dialup connection!! This makes the connection completely unusable at the time when my family and i most want to use it as we cannot stream anything using out amazon fire TV or play the online games which we are currently wasting subscriptions on!  Can you inform me when this issue will be fixed as I am getting very close to leaving you and looking for a provider who can at least offer close to the service i am paying for, and contacting the watchdog as i am sure providing speeds that are around 1% of the speed paid for must be a breach of contract.

Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazingly slow speed Bradford

Hi djc2419

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear of the slow speeds you have been experiencing. We'll certainly take a look into this for you.

I've sent you a PM for some additional info to help us locate you and look into this further.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazingly slow speed Bradford

Over utilised area for going on 2 years here now in BD12. Still waiting for a fix, get fobbed off by Virgin with a new "review date" every few months which the next is in April 2017. Which will come and go no doubt without the issue being resolved.  

0 Kudos