Menu
vassilis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Am I going to be upgraded to 200mb?

I got a message back in the summer that my speed could be upgraded to 200mb and I signed up. Then I got a message to fix an appointment and I did that for July.

Days before the appointment I got a message that before the upgrade a "pre-installation survey" was needed! I thought that this was odd as I already received the 150Mb service but I made the appointment. A few days later a Virgin Engineer came to the house thinking he was going to check where the cables were going to be installed. To his surprise he saw that I already had the cable and a hub. He  laughed saying that this was a mistake and that a survey was not needed. Then he left saying that he will tell the "office" to go ahead with the upgrade.

That was July. Until today my account shows that the date of the upgrade date is pending. Furthermore, as this upgrade is "pending" I cannot check for any other upgrades, options or change anything on my account online.

Can a kind soul in Virgin look into this and:

1) Start the upgrade process for the speed. I know that I need a new Superhub as I have version 1 but I am very happy to install the new one myself. So if that is what is needed before the speed is increased then please send me the hub

2) Please unlock my account so thta I can see whether there are any other offers or upgrades that I could have.

Many thanks

Vassilis 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Am I going to be upgraded to 200mb?

Hi vassilis, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not yet been able to upgrade. 

Apologies for the wait too. There are times we find ourselves very busy and wait times can be quite long. Other times we are able to answer within a day or two. 

I've gone in to the account and had a look at this for you. It looks as though the order has been placed on hold as a manned installation is required. 

I've gone into the account and rescheduled it for the next available appointment and have sent details of this via private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You would need a superhub2 or newer.

When you log into your MyVirginMedia do you get a drop down banner saying upgrade is ready?

And if you put your postcode here:
https://keepup.virginmedia.com/speedupgrade
What does it say?

You could always phone up and they can send the hub and do the upgrade for when you activate the hub.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
vassilis
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dear Shafreya,

thank you for the reply but as you may have read in my original email, I was invited (via my account) to book for a free upgrade and that is what I did. Then it was messed up somehow and an engineer came for a  "pre-installation" survey which obviously was completely unecessary as I am already connected and get 152Mbits. Now my account is permanently locked to a "pending upgrade" and nothing is happening.

In any case, is there somebody from Virgin reading these posts, who can look into this and arrange for my account to my unlocked and a new superhub to be sent to me so that the can be concluded?

Vassilis 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The forum team take between 1-2 weeks from your latest post for a reply.

If you want quicker help, ring them up and go through the scripts to arrange a new hub gets sent to you.

0 Kudos
vassilis
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is not my experience Shafreya. The forum team is usually very quick to respond. 

Thank you for trying to help but I need somebody from Virgin to check into this. 

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's taking them up to 14 days to reply at the moment so calling 150 is the best option if you want a quicker response.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@vassilis

Things have changed since May.

also different boards have different reply times. SU's get updated daily on what the rough response time for each board will be, so pretty sure it will be between 1-2 weeks from your last post on the thread here.

0 Kudos
vassilis
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In that case, I will test the system. If responses take 2 weeks then it is not worth using it any more.

Let's see.

Vassilis 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's anywhere between 1-2 right now. That's not an opinion, that's just the factual timescale.

The advantage of waiting is you don't have to deal people reading scripts.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi vassilis, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not yet been able to upgrade. 

Apologies for the wait too. There are times we find ourselves very busy and wait times can be quite long. Other times we are able to answer within a day or two. 

I've gone in to the account and had a look at this for you. It looks as though the order has been placed on hold as a manned installation is required. 

I've gone into the account and rescheduled it for the next available appointment and have sent details of this via private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out