Menu
MrVibrating
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Almost no bandwidth for last week...

As above, area 21, right now at best i can just about connect to DNS and get an IP address, but nothing else up or down.  It's been like this on and off since last weekend.

I don't use TV or landline (other than for futile attempts to contact VM customer services - an hour at a time on hold waiting for an advisor in a foreign call center) - the only service i'm actually subscribed for is broadband, yet instead i'm forced to connect via Bluetooth tethering my (non-VM) mobile phone to my PC.

The automated test feature on VM's site (when i can actually access it) claims it can detect no problems.

Why am i being denied any bandwidth?   I'm getting maybe £5 worth of service here, for £40 a month.

Finally just got through to an engineer while typing this, who says it's set to remain in this state till the end of July.  Just, wow.  Surely i'm not expected to keep paying for 'services' throughout that period?   Been with VM since before it was NTL, this is a 20 year old account, and never experienced an outage like this before..

Why can't new infrastructure be installed in parallel to the existing (working) kit - the same way they build new road bridges next to the old one before closing 'em?   A near complete internet outage, lasting all summer, and this is London not some rural community..  It's unacceptable.  The whole point of the internet is to be able to route around blockages - can't you install temporary patch throughs or something?

Looks like VM have totally dropped the ball on this one.   It's only thanks to GiffGaff that i'm even able to connect to post this. And at £20 / month always-on, right now they're twice the service at half the price..

0 Kudos
jiggy
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Almost no bandwidth for last week...

Holy Schmoly!!!! I left VM over a year ago and have just signed a new contract with sky which is still cheaper than VM and its sky q with movies, the BB is slower but it's always the same and it always works, I can't believe VM are still getting away with this??? Start DEMANDING discounts and realistic discounts not the usual rubbish they give, sorry to say but now they are just taking the PI (well you know what I'm just not allowed to post it)

0 Kudos
yos13
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm also living in area 21 and having same problems.

Hub 3.0 (broadband) is often lighting or flashing the green or red lamps.
Even if the communication is fortunately enabled, the speed is too slow (around 3Mbps on 50Mbps contract) and is cut soon.
On the TV, HD channels are dead, and SD channels' quality is too poor. I can see strange block noises such as we can see on low bandwidth.
However, automate test on my Virgin Media site finished with no failure.

The Twitter search result shows many Virgin Media users in this area face the same problem.

I hope this case is solved soon because I have to waste 3G / 4G data allowance.

0 Kudos
MrVibrating
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

..still ongoing.  Had a little bandwidth during the week, mostly late at night / early hours of the morning, but now nothing at all all weekend, so far... just blinking lights on the superhub and Tivo.

No updates from VM.  No idea what's going on.  Still reliant on my GiffGaff phone for all internet access..   The company appears to be in total meltdown..

0 Kudos
yos13
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Me too.

The connection sometimes established in early last week. (with very very slow speed)

It has been completely DEAD at last Thursday or Friday.
Hub 3.0's LEDs are still flashing with some strange pattern.

Also, "Fix estimate" date and time on Service status page is postponed, postponed and postponed.
Now it's announced as "10 April 21:55", and I think it will be postponed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrVibrating,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004877090). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 26th April 2017.

I've also picked up an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos