Menu
mattperez
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Aintree, Liverpool. Paying for 50mb, getting 1mb...

5176456886.png

the time is 9pm, this is my result from Speed test... I'm running a fresh build of Windows 10 on an SSD, with nothing running apart from stock processes & ran that test via firefox with 1 tab open and no devices connected to our Wireless hub, AFTER a hub reboot.

This is absolutely pathetic, and has been going on since CHRISTMAS... I rang the Virgin call centre in february and got through to an English lad called Tim, and he was VERY helpful (hense why I got his name). Ran some trace route and ping test at my end and confirmed there is a known issue in the area with a fix time noted on the support ticket for MID APRIL... which was pathetic... He did however action a partical refund on my account for the months this issue has been know.

He told me to call back mid march if the problem persists and here I am... I rang last night and got through to what I am assuming was a India call center and the guy was an idiot, I couldn't understand a word he was saying and he just read off a script, it was like talking to a robot and he wouldn't give me a clear cut answer on anything and quite frankly the phone call was a waste of time, i'd rate the service level 1 star seriously..... I didn't get the extra refund I was assuming and I got no answer on a fix time, apart from an scheduled upgrade in AUGUST!!!! ... So essentially i'm paying £40 a month for 1mb internet connection... this wouldn't even be acceptable 10 years ago!...

My only hope now is to continuious ring the support number and hope for a helpful british service desk anaylst...

I am beyond annoyed at this and could continue my rant but I'm trying not to post a wall of text people will instantly disreguard... any feedback please Virigin? and please don't make it a pre written general customer feedback scripted answer Smiley Happy, it's not what i'm paying all this money to receive

Helpful Answers
Parki79
Rising star
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Aintree, Liverpool. Paying for 50mb, getting 1mb...

It is so illogical this system Virgin have with review dates, it just does not make any sense. Clearly have no intention of resolving any of these, so why just put a review date, and keep moving them back with no clear reason as to why they have not managed to do anything. It is quite insulting the act they put on and they just do not mean anything anymore. 

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattperez, 

Firstly, let me welcome you to our forum community!

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues with only getting 1.08 Mbps on a 50 Mbps package, I can appreciate this may be an annoyance for you so I apologise for any trouble.

I've had a look at your connection and I can see that there's actually 2 issues affecting your connection, the first is that all of your downstream power levels are too high, in order to resolve this we would need to arrange for an engineer to visit and make the necessary changes.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, it would be helpful if you could reply to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

The second issue is that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak times, the reference number for this is F002406281 and is currently set to be reviewed around the end of August. Should you wish to bump the thread in the mean time we'll gladly check to see if there's any progress updates for you.

I have sent you a separate PM (Purple envelope at the top) outlining your credit options for this.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mattperez
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

No way should you have to wait about 5 months with those sorts of speeds. Basically they have oversold it, so why should you suffer because of their greed.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
dangerf1sh
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I also live in Aintree, been suffering with this since early February. Told it would be fixed April 13th. Phoned before to make sure the review date was still definite. And then they say August. Absolutely disgraceful service.

mattperez
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
mattperez
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

4 weeks later now and still nothing, it's actually got worse...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mattperez,

Sorry to see you're still getting poor speeds. I've just checked on fault F002406281 and this is due for review 24/08/16. There has been some work carried out so far but more is planned in the coming months. If you bump this post after the review date we can check on the progress and get you another update. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mattperez
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It's now June, and still no change. It baffles me that it takes this long to solve an issue and still charge customers full price.

Am I seriously expected to pay full price for this when I'm receiving 2/50 of the agreed "Up To 50mb" contracted package? I understand oversaturation of a network line during peak hours will drop the overall connection speed, but guys this is unusable!

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

mattperez wrote:

It's now June, and still no change. It baffles me that it takes this long to solve an issue and still charge customers full price.

Am I seriously expected to pay full price for this when I'm receiving 2/50 of the agreed "Up To 50mb" contracted package? I understand oversaturation of a network line during peak hours will drop the overall connection speed, but guys this is unusable!

Have you been getting your loss of service credit for contention fault F002406281? I know its not a lot but short of leaving its the only form of redress for the shocking service. These issues of overutilisation take years to rectify, if at all! In the meantime we get mediocre service and the credit is meant to passify us.

You can make an official complaint in writing via email. Just click the following link
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/contact/
Choose the topic 'Something else' then 'making a complaint' select 'email us'
Fill out the online form..

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018