Menu
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

After 3 long years, final fixed.

Well, 3/3/2017 my internet started, well, working all day and all night, constant speed, I even upgraded and the download speed is 300Mbps+ day and night, the only glitch is the upload, its now stuck at 14Mbps, which 2nd line and I are looking into.

So the is light at the end of the tunnel, its just been a long tunnel with brick walls inside,

Links: 

116856162-b8p6z8mF

Persistence is key, and a mountain of patients, lets hope it lasts Smiley Happy 

Thanks for sticking up with me everyone and VM staff.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: After 3 long years, final fixed.

You ain't going to be leaving us here now are you?

Who will tell the other customers the wonder and joy of CISAS?

Good it's all working now thoUgh, it does show they do fix, just takes time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

3 years is the patience of a saint, or you had nowhere else to go! Smiley Happy

Glad it looks sorted for you mate, what are you going to do with all that new bandwidth Now? 

JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well done Bart dude. You finally got there through sheer perseverance. Great job!

I'm curious to know ... do you think your complaints to the regulators/VM made any difference or was it going to be reviewed/fixed at that time anyway?

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

JPL8 wrote:
Well done Bart dude. You finally got there through sheer perseverance. Great job!

I'm curious to know ... do you think your complaints to the regulators/VM made any difference or was it going to be reviewed/fixed at that time anyway?

I don't think the complaint affected the speed or outcome of the review dates or even fix, the complaint was there to make a point that VM's system was not working, and they took far to long to fix it, I was not told about the fix when it happened, I found that out myself, it was the same time BBM graphs went wonky 3/3/2017, I told the wife I had taken everyone's bandwidth on that day Smiley Tongue 

Just happy its working, at the moment Smiley Indifferent Smiley Happy 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well, if you do have any spare capacity at peak times could you spare 20Mbs or so? I don't ask for much. Just enough to enjoy the same benefits as most other people. 😉

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

OK, now the upstream has been fixed by 2nd line, changed my config file to the correct one Smiley Embarassed.

So all is OK (at the moment) and I would like to thank VM staff and customers* for persevering with me, and I will be about helping others that have been in the same boat.

Thank you.

Bartman

* Rare sighting

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still going all good then? Be good to see you around still, fighting the CISAS corner Smiley Tongue

EnsignVorik
Up to speed
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Argh, Bartman, you've changed your signature. 

Could you post he link to your guide for official complaints process. After some so called maintenance in my area today, I seem to have gone back to the 3Mbps club, after being 'fixed' a few weeks before, god knows if the existing kit had a config file or something that was doing something with my connection (doubt it, but who knows) 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

From a very quick google Smiley Wink

0 Kudos