Menu
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Acceptable speeds!

I have recently had the vivid 100 installedand live in tunbridge wells Kent. What are the speeds that I shouldn't accept and be concerned about?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Acceptable speeds!

Run a speedtestbeta or speedtest in the morning, before going to work (or what ever you do) I do the nearest VM server, then Rapidswitch in Maidenhead then VM in London, it gives an idea whats going on in and around the VM network, and the same when it all goes wobbly, or at 8pm. Also make an account with speedtest, then you can keep a record. Ping really does not move about that much in oversubscribed areas.

If the speed is OK in the AM and terrible in the PM, nearly everyday then there is a high chance your area has been oversubscribed.

You might get Virgin Media's Super top of the range, top rated, best users choice, best awarded, highest awarded Vivid Gamer 200mbps service like me:

(tonight's score is)

Whoosh....Whoosh....

Awarded the BestAwarded the Best

Vivid 200 Gamer, Voted the best.Vivid 200 Gamer, Voted the best.

Good luck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

All Replies
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If your area is not oversubscribed you should get decent speeds, if you are it will be fast in the early hours of the morning (2am -11am), spiralling down to dial-up speeds after 4pm, just as you get home from work, grafting to pay off you Virgin Media bill, not forgetting that any off their service that relies on their network will also fail.

A quick forum search came up with: Tunbridge Wells

Enjoy and good luck, you will need it.

BTW my Vivid 200 is currently running at 14mbps (14:13) and will get much. much worse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How would I know if my areas over subscribed? I've had good speeds today until now which is 15:30. Should I feel lucky to be getting 6mb upload speed and 60mg download? My pings between 20ms and 84, any good?
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Run a speedtestbeta or speedtest in the morning, before going to work (or what ever you do) I do the nearest VM server, then Rapidswitch in Maidenhead then VM in London, it gives an idea whats going on in and around the VM network, and the same when it all goes wobbly, or at 8pm. Also make an account with speedtest, then you can keep a record. Ping really does not move about that much in oversubscribed areas.

If the speed is OK in the AM and terrible in the PM, nearly everyday then there is a high chance your area has been oversubscribed.

You might get Virgin Media's Super top of the range, top rated, best users choice, best awarded, highest awarded Vivid Gamer 200mbps service like me:

(tonight's score is)

Whoosh....Whoosh....

Awarded the BestAwarded the Best

Vivid 200 Gamer, Voted the best.Vivid 200 Gamer, Voted the best.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Download speed always ranges around 24mb and upload 6.3 with a range of 86 ms to 10ms. It's only been 2 days though so should I give it a while before things worsen?
0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Easy way to see if you are in an oversubscribed area:

1. Run a Wired speedtest in the morning - early afternoon.

2. Run a Wired speedtest at around 6-7pm.

3. Compare the speeds.

If you get full speed in the morning/afternoon and then get no where near it at 6-7pm then you live in an area that is oversubscribed.

If your area is oversubscribed then the best advice I can give you is get out while you can.

You  have 14 days from the date of connection of service where you can terminate and not be charged for doing so.

I'm in this situation as well, I've had ViVID 200 for about 14 months now (I'm out of contract) and it has been perfect up until the weeks leading up to christmas. I used to get 204/12  24/7 and recently I'm seeing as low as 30 in the evening. To be honest I had a feeling this would happen when I saw a swarm of Virgin Media vans in my area the past few weeks.

I phoned VM about it spent an hour doing the useless diagnostics. Tuesday night I get a phone call saying "Your area has a problem thats effecting everyone"  I said "Lemme guess, oversubscription?"  he said yes,

So now, I need to arrange for sky to come and install their Sky Fibre Max service.

Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy
0 Kudos