Menu
HazaTheHazard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Abysmal speeds with VIVID 200

Hi,

I am in area code 03, and am using the VIVID 200 package. I have had problems with the speeds Virgin advertise in the past, but since upgrading to the VIVID 200 package, it had been much better... Until this week...

The broadband speeds this week have been absolutely woeful! I am currently getting download speeds averaging about 400Kbps. Frankly, this is unacceptable. 

Does anyone know of any issues currently ongoing in the 03 area? I have used Virign's Service Status tests, and this indicates that there are issues, and that they would be 'fixed in 10 mins'. This is obviously not the case.

Below are the most recent speed tests I have performed:

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Abysmal speeds with VIVID 200

Welcome to the high utilisation club, a member of the forum team will apologise in 7 days or so and supply you with a fault code you cannot look up and a review date that means nothing as its not a repair date.

In the meantime feel free to troll the forums on your superfast broadband as its about the only page that loads in peek time and call India on 150 with the fault code the forum team provide to get a MASSIVE £3 diminished service refund for the month.

If you are not willing to put up with the lies and quite possibly YEARS of rubbish internet there are other providers available (once you start having issues you forever will!!!)

0 Kudos
HazaTheHazard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've seen you have been spamming this on multiple different posts. You aren't helping in the slightest, its just annoying to be honest...
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And you expect the forum team will be more useful in its information? atleast im telling you that you can get a dimisished service refund... more than they do right?

0 Kudos
HazaTheHazard
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well, my question was regarding if anyone knew if there are issues ongoing in my area. That question doesn't necessarily require the forum team to answer it, just someone with potentially useful information rather than a copy and pasted message being spammed all across the community.

I appreciate the post visit, but I'm not interested in a £3 refund...

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok, well ill give you some useful as per your post..

Area 03 can be and more than likely is a whole county and not just your road/postcode/node/cmt etc etc, anyone who does reply and says "Yes same here m8y" is pointless as they more than likely are on a completely different seg to you.

The only true useful post will be from the forum team... take a guess what it will say?

0 Kudos
HazaTheHazard
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That's why I said "potentially useful information". No one in the world would think "Yes same here m8y" isuseful information!
0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You know this is a community forum? any info anyone has would be given by VM staff, which we all know is completely pointless info to have as its all bull.. you want that top notch worth having info passed on by a third or fourth party and expect it to be anything like what it really is? ok good luck with that...

ill just go back to posting how to get epic £3 refunds on my 0.2 Mb superfast BB

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Morning HazaTheHazard,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too high at +14 dBmV and as this will be causing an impact on your broadband, I would like to arrange an engineer appointment for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
piglet2
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

sorry not to be answering specifically

anybody know when 300 mb speeds will be available on virgin media ? thanks 

0 Kudos