Menu
CrystalGipsy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

AREA 20 - BR3 woeful speeds day/night

Speeds in my area 20 have been taking a pounding of late. Lucky to get to 10mb/s when I am vivid 152, even the uploads are  pity full at peak lucky to get over 1mbs. Any ideas whats going on? It was fine a few weeks ago but know its just a joke even out of peak times its pretty unreliable.

0 Kudos
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: AREA 20 - BR3 woeful speeds day/night

Well I'm in BR4 and for 2 years I have had nothing but slow internet, Been chasing here ever since. Bromley is just screwed.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-yet-again-in-Bromley-F003259558/m-p/3205414

0 Kudos
CrystalGipsy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TBH mines been not bad overall, had some times when its gone like this but not for long periods at them moment though its the worse its ever been as never had poor uploads. Its bad timing as I am trying to back all my data to the cloud, which is just not happening. I know its over subscription that's the issue, its a shame as there is no other choice on my street only Virgin.

0 Kudos
Adeyjones1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Area 20 also, but i'm 200 miles away from you!? How does that work??

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya CrystalGipsy

Thanks for posting back on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003293648 and with a review date of 7th December.

What speeds do you achieve outside of peak hours? Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andyward1983
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sam/Forum team - is there any progress on this fault ticket? The amount of unsolicited mail I get from VM that details the amazing speeds/content you can offer me has almost convinced me to switch - I'm glad I came here first, however, as I'm more inclined to stay put until the peak time speed issues and over-subscription have been resolved.
0 Kudos