Menu
Helpp
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

990 ping (ms) and 32 kb/s..?!

Basically since the end if summer last year our internet speeds have dropped to 100mb/s from the 172mb/s we pay for. As time passed till present everythings been getting worse to the point where im having to use mobile data to post this. I'm currently getting 990 ping (ms), 32kb/s and some other ridiculous upload speed. I have no clue what's happening, and everytime i try to get an online chat going, they are busy every single hour of every day. Anyone have any clue whats happening?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalin internet ping, download and upload

Hello Helpp,

Thanks for posting. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband speeds.

From checking the network, there is high traffic during peak hours which I have raised to the networks department for further investigation. Once I have more information I will let you know.

In the meantime, are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day?

Will speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fergiet
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good luck getting a fix any time soon. Same issue here in Edinburgh, they claim it's High Utilisation, in other words to many users at peak times!

Was promised a fix last year, never happened. Now told the fix will be April this year. As we say here "aye right".

Call them and at least get a discount on your bill. Lodge a complaint and follow up in writting.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Helpp
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ive got in touch with you're call centre, they've tested the line etc and asked me tk wait a day. I called again as the problem remained, and they said they will send an engineer and to wait 48 hrs. This was a week ago, and still the problem remains. Its thru all hours of the day, and with both wired and wireless.. under 1 mb download rarely 3mb, with high ping spikes. Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Helpp
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, 😂 will be asking for some sort of discount. Called them twice past week been told to wait 48hra for an engineer aswell..which was last week. Still no change.
0 Kudos
mckechniejohn
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am in EH9, on the VVID 200mb... so I am not supposed to get any disruptions but internet just cuts right out twice a day. 

Only joined virgin just over a month ago and had issues occurring all the time since. Will be asking for a discount as well!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us about this Helpp,

I'm very sorry to learn of the bother experienced with your connection.

I'd like to help with getting this sorted for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can confirm some details.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mckechniejohn,

Really sorry to hear that you're also experiencing issues with your service with us.

I've located your account and can see that you've spoken with the team since posting and that an engineer visit has been arranged for you.

Please ensure that someone of the age of 18+ is in attendance for the duration of the visit.

Feel free to get back to me if I can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos