Menu
Radeon123
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

90%+ Speed Drop - SA11 Area ref: 25 (300mb)

For the last month speed has been terrible, during the night (12am, 8am) I can get 314mbps down instantly, but after that speed is unpredictable and website loading takes far longer to load on occasion.

The speed may drop anywhere from 15mbps to 115mbps and fluctuate a hell of a lot.

Before December I was able to get 314mbps down 24/7 wired/wireless without issues and my connection has been reliable as that since 2002.

Is my area now oversubscribed after all these years or is there an issue that may need fixing?

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 90%+ Speed Drop - SA11 Area ref: 25 (300mb)

mine has been like this too, because were on the higher package we get the extent of the speed drops, mines been happening since the 19th, if i do a speedtest after 1am-4pm, my speed is fine, between 5pm-1pm my speed is all over.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radeon123,

I'm sorry for the problems you're suffering with your speeds during peak times at the moment. I've run some tests and whilst everything looks good on the hub, I can see some issues on the network at peak times.

It does look like usage during peak times has been creeping up lately, it's currently in breach of our thresholds so I've reported the issue to our networks team for investigation.

We'll get back to you in a few days once we have confirmation of a reference number and a bit more information about what work is needed to resolve the issues.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Radeon123

Thank you for your patience, following on from Kev's post we have opened a job for high peak time traffic in your area F004998600. We would like to carry our some growth work to increase capacity. The review date for it is currently showing 07 JUN 2017. If you would be so kind as to wait another few days one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Radeon123
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, at least the issue is known it's a capacity one.

Trying to download large games from steam in the evenings at the moment is a pain in the ass with the huge fluctuations in speed. Here is a graph showing a 43gb steam download, if I was to download this about 12am onwards that red line would be flat and capped at 39MB/s.

Will be glad once the capacity is increased as I'm paying for a premium service that I'm lucky to get now half the time.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos