Menu
grm
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

7Kbs speed on 50Mbs line

Having joined on the 19th December my download speeds during the peak times are atrocious. I've struggled with the 400Kbs most evenings, but last night only 7Kbs.

I understand there is an issue that affects my peak times performance, but surely I should be getting some speed that is useable. During the day, the speeds are ok, at least they are in double figures most of the time. I don't expect to get 50mb all the time, just something I can use. I want to upgrade to 100mb, but until I have a steady line I don't think there would be much point. I'd upgrade if it lifted my speeds into double figures during the evening, but of course that can't be guaranteed and I may just be wasting money.

My day time speeds are ok, but not stable, I suspect that there is a fault other than just the one I've been told about (review date 29/03/17).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 7Kbs speed on 50Mbs line

Hi grm,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've taken a look at your connection, and can see the high peak time traffic fault you mentioned. The reference number is F003957459 and has a review date of 29th March. Otherwise I was unable to see any other issues with the line nor the network that would cause further impact to your connection.

When you are testing the speeds, is that through a wired or wireless connection?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
grm
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for replying. I check both wired and wireless. I've been in touch by phone again and was told the problem has existed since October 2015 for the peak time issue. I just think something a little better than Kbs speeds is expected even on lines at near max capacity.

I'm told the new cabling in the area should solve the issue but the date can't be guaranteed and it may take longer considering how long the issue has been ongoing. If I'd known in December about the fault in the area I would have stayed with my previous supplier until the issue was resolved. I've decided to continue with VM because I do find it easier to get in touch and everyone I speak to is very helpful.

I wil see how things are after March as I know now nothing can be done until the cabling in the area has been replaced.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning grm,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In regards to this fault, I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will let you know any updates nearer the review date.

If you do notice any other issues causing an impact to your connection, let us know and we can take a look for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos