Menu
mrverygrumpy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

70 meg speed update

After delaying the 50 -70 meg speed increase from early this year to Jan-June next year you post a message saying sign up now. Why do I need to sign up for a speed increase that you are supposed to be giving me? Today you proudly proclaim I am now connected to the 70 meg speed broadband. Why has my speed not increased?

0 Kudos
KevinJ
Joining in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: 70 meg speed update

If you're like me then I guess you're not in a 'CONTRACT' by clicking the upgrade adds 18 months to your sentence.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

VM have decided to use a single process for all free speed boosts and as some customers are moving to a speed tier that their hub might not support then the order process is used to determine this and arrange for delivery of a new hub.

If you have gone through the upgrade process then it advisable to power your hub off for a minute, then on again to make sure that it has picked up the new speed config.

The free speed boost does not recontract you.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
mrverygrumpy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic service My 70 meg broadband is running at 16.52 meg at the moment thats a real improvement on the continuous 50meg I had before the update

0 Kudos
mrverygrumpy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Speed now registering 14.02 megs outstanding for a 70 meg broadband supposedly enabled on 8th August

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Are you testing wired or wirelessly?

Slow speeds all the time or just evenings?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
mrverygrumpy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

wired using ookla to a virgin host
0 Kudos
mrverygrumpy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

seems slow most of the time lately. I was getting a virtually straight bathtub diagram until the purported increase which I still have not seen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrverygrumpy

Thanks for posting on the community.

Many apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003603775 and with a review date of 28th September.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chrisuk1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Was getting a constant speed of 50 megs. I was recently given a free speed increase to 70 megs and now my speed averages 20 megs!! Dear Virgin, please can I have my 50 megs back?? 

0 Kudos