Menu
Staniga
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

6mbs broadband during peak hours

Hi,

i have just changed from PlusNet to Virgin 100MBs..

on plusnet I was getting ~65mbs including peak hours, on Virgin I'm getting 6..

unless this his is sorted in next 7 days, is m going back to PlusNet.

0 Kudos
Staniga
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6mbs broadband during peak hours

Day 2 peak traffic, down to 7meg.

phoned virgin today and explained the issue, the man of the phone told me that's he's changed my wireless channel, so my wired connection will now be okay 😐.

0 Kudos
maney266
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lol. I was told to boot into safe mode and i just had to hang up before i exploded with rage.

0 Kudos
Mancubus
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My advice would be that if you can move back do so. Support are clueless and just deploy the bullet pointed script when you ring, they even logged in to change my wireless channel last night despite me telling them I use an ethernet cable.

Virgin's network is clearly over subscribed country wide and the contention at peak times is just tortuous, moving to Virgin from BT Infinity 2 a couple of months ago was one of the worst decisions I've ever made and if I could undo it I would in a heartbeat.

I suspect that severely aggressive traffic management policies / tools are having to be deployed to balance the load and that is only adding to the poor experience we are all having.

0 Kudos
Staniga
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Left, gave me a excuse that the network will be upgraded in may.. proper planning that is, let's install cable into a new area, get as many suckers as possible, 9/10 won't notice that we haven't the bandwidth for them..

unfortunatly now on 4G until 23/2

pete7049
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The date in May would have been a review date, not a fix date, on an over utilised part of their network. Good move to run for it while you still could. Smiley Wink

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos