Menu
AudioDetective
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

50mb broadband only 0.89

Hello,

I have a 50mb agreement with Virgin but today I did a wireless internet connection speed test and it only read 0.89 download and 0.94 upload. Please see my attached speed test picture.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thank you

Gerry.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50mb broadband only 0.89

Your test picture doesn't seem to have been posted.. or maybe it was removed if it showed your ip address...

anyway In order to identify if the issue is to do with wifi or your internet connection can you do a wired test too ?

0 Kudos
AudioDetective
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, I cant do a wired test at the moment but I will try tomorrow..........I have to say my broadband has never been stable...always up and down....
0 Kudos
AudioDetective
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm still having terrible internet speeds via my wireless super router so I connected via Ethernet cable and "heh presto" I'm now reading 63mb download so I'm assuming something to do with the wireless side (I'm on mac btw) I am unable to reach my router to connect directly as I work in a different room so this causes a problem for me.

Could someone please suggest a solution?

Regards

Gerry.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AudioDetective,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your WiFi.

There are many environmental factors that can negatively influence a wireless signal but there are some things you can try to improve it. Firstly, check this article to make sure you're getting the best out of your wireless. Also, you can try changing your wireless channel to make sure you're on the least congested channel.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos