Menu
manzir95
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

50 Mb broadband- Slow single thread

I'v noticed that in peak times i get around 40-50mb (most times) speed on speedtest however when downloading anything i only get a speed of like 700kb, iv tried single thread speed tests and i get around 3-8 mb single threaded speed whereas the multi thread download jumps around between 40-50 (sometimes goes to 20-30 for a minute or 2 then jumps back up) so my question is why is there such a big difference between the multi threaded and single threaded download

And what is the solution to this because the single thread speeds are just atrocious, its worse than the 3mb sky broadband that i used to have 7 years ago

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50 Mb broadband- Slow single thread

Its a some what known issue and due to the way the QoS is done/setup between modems.

You can try this speed to see it better (if the router iusse has been resolved.)
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/speedtest2.html

0 Kudos
manzir95
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

232.JPG1212.JPGIm getting really low speed on the think broadband but higher on speed test, what is the fix for this?

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is currently a problem affecting Virgin Media traffic to ThinkBroadband causing higher latency and slower speeds at peak times so the current results will be affected by that. 

But aside from that, some customers have a long running single thread speed problem which will only be fixed as and when upgrades are made to your part of the network.

0 Kudos