Menu
Tuning in
Message 11 of 69 (431 Views)

Re: +5 year customer

Losing connection for literally 5-10minutes randomly...

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 12 of 69 (407 Views)

So after a hard day's work I get back home to this: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4186513433

I LOVE virgin media!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 13 of 69 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4198924660

Once again... I don't even know what to say at this point, how come I didn't have these issues before? All of a sudden you've started advertising your internet, people joined and because too many of them have joined you have to cap my speed? It's a disgrace. I don't even know why am I still paying 40gbp for every single month.

If we do some simple maths here, I've paid approximately 2500gbp so far.

Don't get me wrong, I do love your service when it's functioning properly, however it's really annoying when my connection starts dropping or when my speed is horrible at a time when it matters the most - after work (night).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 14 of 69 (367 Views)

Hey Wisdom22, 

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I can see how limited your download speeds are and I can appreciate your frustration.

I've had a look around the network and your connection this morning and I've found we're working on an area fault at the moment under ref F003453177 which is due for review on the 3rd June. This type of fault has been known to reduce speeds especially during peak times. 

I know this is an inconvenience for you, so please accept our apologies. While this is ongoing please ensure you call our Customer Service team to claim your credit for the loss of service. They can be reached on 150 free from a VM landline or 0345 454 1111.

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 15 of 69 (356 Views)

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the reply, is it really worth giving them a call regarding the credit? How much are people claiming back on average?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 16 of 69 (354 Views)

hiya, if you want refund for reduced service or you could have a chat via http://contact.virginmedia.com (using pc/laptop)
as for number of people claiming refund, this would be for internal usage only
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 17 of 69 (351 Views)

[ Edited ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kippies wrote:

Unless you are on the base package you are extremely unlikely to hit the cap. Which FYI is on upload, not download. To be blunt I cant think of a legitimate reason for hitting VM's new fair usage policy. Even fairly upstream intensive apps wont come near it. MAYBE a shoutcast server or similair 24/7 might, but to all intents and purposes unlimited=unlimited.

Far more likely you are hitting over utilisation at certain times of day that being capped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fair usage policy on upload is really restrictive actually if you ever plan on streaming content in a viewable quality (not super high definition but so people can at least watch what you are playing). I've personally tried streaming on Twitch at the lowest quality I can that still makes it viewable and after around an hour, the upload cap kicks in and cuts the quality down to unviewable and I have to stop.

Now this was something I did plan on doing as I've played with a group of friends for many a year and they've always enjoyed watching what I/We do as a group and i've had some outside viewers watching/enjoying as well but its something I realistically cannot do because of the upload limits.

This isn't a rant/rave as its off-topic completely in this persons regard, but it is an more informative post for you.

In regards to the original post, the VM chap and other people have pointed out over-utilization on the area causing the lower download speeds during peak times. Its not something quickly resolved but they do plan on sorting it.

EDIT: Woops didn't quote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 18 of 69 (335 Views)

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 19 of 69 (307 Views)

0 Kudos
Tuning in