Menu
crE
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

4mb speeds for the last 4/5 months

I've tried phoning (kept getting fobbed off) I opened up a complaint on resolver and have had letters from virgin.

I am intermittently (but consistently) getting 4mb speeds on what is meant to be 150mb. I've been told in a letter that there is a lot of traffic in my area (WV12) and it should have been fixed 2 weeks ago. In the letter it says "this is not a fault with your service", clearly, it is.

I am paying for 150mbs broadband and getting 4mb during peak hours.

I get £10 per month refunded to my bill, but I would rather just pay for my service and get reliable speeds. £10 refund doesn't even reflect the difference in speeds from what I'm paying for and what I am getting.

Why has this not been fixed?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4mb speeds for the last 4/5 months

Hi crE,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see the network issue in question - ref.(F003463842). Our technicians are working to improve the network in your area to support the increased demand and have set a review date of 29th March 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
crE
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Thanks for your reply.

I keep getting told ever-extending dates.

1. When the initial issue arrised it was "Tomorrow".
  2. Then October
  3. Then November
  4. Then mid-January
  5. Now the of of March!

I'm sorry if it seems I don't have confidence in your fix dates, but it seems they're just used to fob people off..!

I don't think the monthly refund of £10 adequately reflects the level of internet service I'm receiving. 

Regards

Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick,

I'm really sorry, I can understand how frustrating this can be.

It can be very difficult to put a solid fix-date on network upgrades such as this, which is why we use review dates instead. It allows us to check for updates from the field and gather information about impact.

The credit that's applied to your account is calculated using your bill, the amount you pay for the broadband (including any discounts or offers) and then applied based on the loss of service.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos