Menu
Crayzeebish
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3mb down when i'm paying for 100mb

Hi,

I have been with Virgin for 6 weeks now, the past week our internet speed has barely gone above 5mb and I am paying for the 100mb vivid. I have ran the test on the virgin media website on the fault page and it says my equipment is ok, I have also unplugged my modem and still getting rubbish speeds.

I cannot play online games as the lag is unbelievable. I have been on the phone to customer service for 20 minutes now and nobody is picking up. As I can't get through is there anything I can do from this side to remedy the slow speeds so I can at least go play a game ?

I have left a provider where I was getting a steady 75mb constant with no squeezing for this "tosh", I feel like I have been duped into getting a speed that cannot be provided.

internet crop.PNG

0 Kudos
Aerosol_KId
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3mb down when i'm paying for 100mb

In Manchester paying for 200Mb and not getting a consistent 5Mb!  Got through after 20 minutes and was told to reboot the hub as a solution!!  This is now beyond a joke, and the weird thing is I eventually rebooted and can get 6-7Mb download!!

Crayzeebish
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah its a proper joke seriously thinking about leaving and going back to BT !

0 Kudos
liddc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem also in the Manchester area. Maximum download speed for the last few weeks is around 4-5MB on a 50MB service.

I have tried to call them numerous times and after being on hold for 20 minutes the line goes dead. I will try them again in the morning.

I have been told by someone who works for Virgin media that the Manchester Exchange needs upgrading because it can't handle the amount of customers virgin media have taken on hence the slow speeds. How true this is I am unsure.

I have been using Virgin media for my broadband connection since 2001 but if this continues I'll happily move to an FTTC line.

0 Kudos
Crayzeebish
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to them last night and I ended up with no internet for over an hour as they made me do a hard reset god knows what they did but the speed was still the same, they seem to think making you turn your router off and on constantly is going to make the speed better Smiley Very Happy

Speed tested just now and i'm below 10mb again which basically renders what we need the internet for useless, so i'm going to ring them again ! I dont mind being squeezed but when i'm losing 90% of my speed its not on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Crayzeebish,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004225318 and has a review date of 3rd May 2017.

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just during peak hours?

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos