Menu
Rasa_
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

30mb/s plan, getting below 1mb/s in evenings.

I want to know if anyone else has had this issue and whether or not they had it resolved and how. My current plan states that I should be getting 30mbps yet between 8-9pm I get 5mbps maximum and 9-10pm I rarely get over 1mbps. It's practically impossible to do anything apart from checking my email, which is a real annoyance as I use the computer most between 8-10pm. 

Anyone had this issue and had it resolved?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BillyJames011
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 30mb/s plan, getting below 1mb/s in evenings.

We're having the same problem. However, it seems to happen throughout the day and not just at them times. I pay for around 30mbps too. However, I find myself to be getting 0.35, to around 1.

I believe we are having a similar problem. How long has it been occurring for? It has been happening for around 24 hours with me, and I am already sick of it. I can barely check my emails.
0 Kudos
Rasa_
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's been happening for about 5 months, but knowing how Virgin Media operates I figured calling customer services will just give me a date that will be postponed over and over. 

Additionally, I live in area 22, where a lot of people seem to be having problems, so I believe that most of my problems root from the same place as everyone in area 22.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rasa_

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear of the problem that you've been experiencing with slow speeds in the evenings. We'll certainly look into this for you.

When checking there is currently a fault ticket raised for peak time contention F003611139 causing slow speeds around these times. There is a review date estimated for this fault on  20/04/2016 . There are also problems showing with the downstream power levels which can exacerbate this type of issue so we will need or organise an engineer visit to get these levels adjusted. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) to get this arranged. 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Rasa_
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I needed help with this issue, it got better. However, now the problems are even worse and I have been advised to post back on this thread so a member of the Virgin Media team can contact me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rasa_,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this!

I've checked out your account and I can't see any network issues which is great news. I can, however, see an issue with your Upstream Power levels that's likely causing trouble.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to adjust this for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos