Menu
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 1 of 40
Flag for a moderator

300mbps

Ive been on 200 since from day 1 it lauched...think like 15 months ago.

In the news bit of the forum , they stating 100 will be the new min speed and 300 top.

For existing customers on 200, is this different cost to homeworks or can 200 ppl goto 300 for free.

any clarification on this would be nice as Il get 300 as my 200 is always and I mean always 212mbps solid

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 40
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 300mbps

http://www.virginmedia.com/content/virginmedia/dotcom/en/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgi...

Pricing is all in there. Looks like the 300 package is an paid for upgrade to the gamer 200 package.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 40
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

http://www.virginmedia.com/content/virginmedia/dotcom/en/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgi...

Pricing is all in there. Looks like the 300 package is an paid for upgrade to the gamer 200 package.

JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I think you're one of the lucky ones because, like most people posting on this forum, I'd be happy to get 30Mbs at peak times, let alone 300Mbs.

"By beefing up our bundles we’re leaving our competitors in the rear view mirror, starting where they finish. Eye-watering speeds, a better box and top-notch TV is a winning combination.
More and more switchers tell us they are joining Virgin Media for our faster speeds and we understand why - whether it’s 4K Netflix box sets in multiple rooms or online gaming, the best entertainment requires the best broadband and we’re making sure our customers are covered with these bundles at incredible value." — Tom Mockbridge, Virgin Media CEO

Quite frankly, he's having a laugh. I can't stream Netflix at all, so 4K is way out of reach. He needs to get his priorities straight and invest in some decent customer services and upgrade the network in the areas that are falling over.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 4 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I can only speak for myself, In 6 years, rarely had issues, always banging top speed... Got my own asus 802.11ac here, 205mbps upstairs wireless, router in corner downstairs...so worth it for me.

What the flip, you have to be on gamer 200 b4 upgrade, mmm... gamer and vivid 200 no point ...

so will the price of existing customers go down as new prices are lower for vivid 200?

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I've been on Vivid 300 since early Nov 2016 AFAIR, I upgraded from Vivid 200.

There is no STM on upload of the 300 Tier same as Gamer/Streaming (joke) 200 Tier.

I get about 314+Mb/s most times and see on another ISP forum that the Config file is getting raised slightly on this Tier but I'm still on old Config last time I checked so must be area by area change.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704419

TBH by now it should be at least 400Mb/s after the joke 120Mb/s then 152Mb/s Tiers when others got speed doubled as per usual or even tripled in case of 20Mb/s subscribers in the past..

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 6 of 40
Flag for a moderator

just incase that doesnt make sense, lol

basically exisiting vivid 200 is 45.25

that link shows 37.25

Does this mean new customers get a better deal and will exisiting prices go down?

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 7 of 40
Flag for a moderator

bump

cmon any1

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 40
Flag for a moderator

New customers will always get a better deal.

Think you will need to recontract to get those prices / speed changes.

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 9 of 40
Flag for a moderator

man Im not payin 45.25 for which other get is for cheaper..Im out of contract ...looks like Il call em ...advisors claim to know nothing about this atm

thats a joke within itself.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hey, where did my post go?

0 Kudos