Menu
imi
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

3 Days Speed around 20Mb, whats going on?

For the past 3-4 days the speed has been slow - after doing multiple speed tests I am only getting 10-20Mb down and 8UP - was perfect a week ago @ 155 Down and 10 Up.

Done an online test on the Virgin website however the issue remains.

Can you assist?

Area reference14

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 Days Speed around 20Mb, whats going on?

Hi imi,

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. 

I've managed to locate your account and the downstream power levels are too low at - 12 dBmV. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
imi
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

Thanks for your reply.

Dont a speediest again and the speed is now back up to just under 150 Down and 9 up - which is fine.

Regarding the levels - does this need attention straight away or can we wait until there is a more impending issue?

imi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning imi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad the speeds are much better, that's good Smiley Happy

With the power levels this can cause issues with stability/speed. If you prefer you can monitor the connection over the next few days and if you notice the speed drop or disconnections let me know and we can go ahead with the appointment. Or we can get these adjusted by an engineer when you are available.

Up to you.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos