Menu
Highlighted
Paul10000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2mbps area 30 NG15 - terrible

Moved house from a decent virgin speed - new place but my word it's bad. Any time from 4pm onwards it struggles to get to 3mbps.  Been onto tech support for hours but we all know they're just prentending to try things - she eventually said I should have been told its a congested area and updates would happen by August.

August! Funny how it's full price - me thinks trading standards are getting a call. How about you drop your charges commensurate with the performance? Let's see, not £40 a month more like £2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2mbps area 30 NG15 - terrible

Hello Paul10000

Awfully sorry about the slow speeds, since the post it looks like you have subsequently called in and discussed the above issues. The ticket number is F004115164 with a current review date of 02 AUG 2017.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
ianlh
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't believe that this ticket is still open, "until fault ref: F004115164 is reviewed on 11/05/2016" is from a message that I got from VM on 30-04-2016. Now there is a review date of 02 AUG 2017, what the hell is going on here Virgin!! Get this sorted now.

0 Kudos
Cooper1480
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to AREA30.
They also told me to upgrade to VIVD ripoff to avoid peak time traffic and because I download huge patch files. But downloading data not P"P or torrents is not throttled but to try to secure a stable useable service I upgraded 2 in 6 months  as they said this would be the best package for me as I download large data files. But guess what after more than a year my problem still remains. My service only becomes useful at silly o'clock in the am; 7am when most of us have to be going out to be productive.  So after over year no changes at all & only ever expect to be lied to by Virgin. They couldn't organise a sock drawer; let alone fix their problems they have made themselves by sheer greed, by over selling the service. They suggest you upgrade to avoid the over utilization, which is like saying the cheque is in the post, nothing more than a bare faced lie. Report them to watchdog and to https://www.cedr.com/cisas/.

0 Kudos