Menu
cboothpaste
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

200mbs Broadband

I recently upgraded to 200mbs broadband from 100mb and my speed has dropped to 30mbs at best and 70mbs off peak times. I'm paying more and getting less!! ive received my new router and installed it correctly, equipment tested and working fine, turned everything off and tested it on various devices to get the same result. my folks live on the same street and are receiving 192mbs so surely it cant be an area service issue. what can be causing such poor service??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mbs Broadband

Hi cboothpaste,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F005164779 and has a review date of 1st November.

I can see you mentioned you get slow speeds outside peak hours, are you testing the speeds through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ please?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cboothpaste
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, im testing it through wired on my ps4, and laptop and wireless on my phone. Ive switched off all other devices while testing as well so theres no interference and they all come back the same result. Ive recently upgraded from 100mbs and i used to consistantly get 70+ at peak times. Ive upgraded to 200mbps and im comsistently getting 30-50mbps peak times and 70mbps off peak. When i first installed the new hub it came through at 198mbps and has suddenly dropped. My parents live on the same street and consistantly get over 150+ so i was positive it couldnt be an area problem. I ran a test through the new hub admin, connected through port 1 using my laptop and it said that my connection in port 1 was fine and functioning at 100mbps. Surely it should be 200mbps. That was through a diagnostics check. Its almost as if my package hasnt been upgraded. Thanks for your response.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey cboothpaste,

Thanks for getting back to us with additional info Smiley Happy

Apologies again about this. I've checked your connection this afternoon and in addition to the area fault, your SNR levels are out of range. I'd like to get an engineer out to visit you to investigate further.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm a visit.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos