cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200mb upgrade but only getting 35-50mb

haworthwhite
Tuning in
I recently got the upgrade to the 200mb broadband speeds (I was previously on 50mb)

Since the upgrade I am not receiving any increased speed. Download between 35-50mb and upload less than 3mb

Have reset the router but no change, whilst diagnostics says everything is OK.

Any help would be appreciated
32 REPLIES 32

Regarding my earlier reply, I had a look at my settings= I CANCELLED everything (Phone TV) and upgraded my broadband package to 200Mbps but my account shows that I now get the FULL HOUSE TV package, and although it says Vivid 200 optical fibre, its greyed out and the purple bar shows superfibre 50... Surely some mistake here??

Graham

We had that problem (15-35mbps-ish speeds in the late afternoons/evening) but then then VM made an update to their local centre/hub and after that we got full speed. Basically they didn't have enough capacity in the area (we're also from St Neots). So that should be solved, unless different parts of the town belong to different VM centres/hubs.

If you never get more than a certain speed (let's say 50mpbs), then I suspect it's your router setting (bad news is that only VM can set it correctly). Check:
1) Log into superhub by entering 192.168.0.1 into web browser address line
2) Locate "router status" (top right of the window)
3) Check the menu for "Max Traffic Rate". This should say something like 200,000,000 bps or more. If it says 100,000,000 then you are limited to 100mbps. If it says 50,000,000 then you are limited to 50mbps. etc. Contact VM if you find it's less than 200M.

router status is non existent in my superhub ..
Graham

Just found it via another way, the max traffic rate i'm getting is: 57600000   VM sucks!!

Graham

Here's what i found:

Graham

VM results.png

And now my service has been disconnected from today- well done Virgin, you bunch of tossers! I UPGRADED MY SERVICE, and asked you to switch off TV and telephone, BUT keep my internet running at 200Mbps, as I WORK FROM HOME. But instead, you pull the switch on everything!! I'm going to do a lot of explaining to my company, as to why I can't work from home now!

Thanks, this what I get for 15 years as a customer!!

Graham

Now comes the twist..... When we shut down the TV broadband and telephone service it was in my name, however to get the 200Mbps speed upgrade, my partner joined, and signed the agreement- now she has an account, and mines, turned off. It says on her account that the service is available, and to activate the account we should turn off the router and reboot..... so far so good......

But we remember that when we signed up to the new service that we would be getting a new router............ and guess what??? NO NEW ROUTER ARRIVED! So, we have the connection but no equipment to run it! Brilliant VM, just brilliant! maybe its a new selling tactic, get the customer to part with money each month, but don't supply the equipment to run it! 

I just love it!!

Graham

reminds me of somebody... 

@chippycc wrote:

Now comes the twist..... When we shut down the TV broadband and telephone service it was in my name, however to get the 200Mbps speed upgrade, my partner joined, and signed the agreement- now she has an account, and mines, turned off. It says on her account that the service is available, and to activate the account we should turn off the router and reboot..... so far so good......

But we remember that when we signed up to the new service that we would be getting a new router............ and guess what??? NO NEW ROUTER ARRIVED! So, we have the connection but no equipment to run it! Brilliant VM, just brilliant! maybe its a new selling tactic, get the customer to part with money each month, but don't supply the equipment to run it! 

I just love it!!

Graham

.MV5BMTk5NTk5MDMzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY5NTEyMjE@._V1_.jpg

I got the 200mb upgrade as well I haven't seen over 100mb, usually around 80mb. I was getting faster speeds on my 150mb. 

Finally got the "new" router 8 hours late..(it looks exactly" the same as the old one) and as my partner is a new customer, discovered the first speed test, only got a speed of 11Mbps..... Jesus, paying the extra to get a so called "faster speed" looks like a waste of time? As we are a "new customer", I wonder if we could cancel the contract and move elsewhere, seeing we've only had this new "upgrade" less than 4 hours...
Graham